Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums

Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums (http://productforum.autorepairdata.com/forum/index.php)
-   What Do You Want In Your Snap-on Diagnostic Tools (http://productforum.autorepairdata.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What test or features would you like to see added to you Snap On Diagnostic tools (http://productforum.autorepairdata.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5000)

SnapOnKid 03-11-2011 09:47 AM

What test or features would you like to see added to you Snap On Diagnostic tools

I see a few different Threads in various parts of the forum with people asking for different test and features. As some of you know Snap On does look at this site to determine what is most important to focus on for future software relases. I personal thought a thread like this might be a good idea to disscus what we would like to see added or even issues that could be fixed or improved upon. Let's see what you guys think

For me I would like to see some of the following things added

1. Honda / Acura VTM-4 Support I would like to see this one added by the 11.4 Update... This is very important on the AWD Platforms. If you can't clear the fault code in the VTM-4 system, The VTM-4 Feature will Not function... If you don't have another scanner that can see this system and clear the fault codes, you could end up with come backs that you can't fix or losing a customer over this problem. HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

2. Honda / Acura Evap Testing. Bi-directional support like the Factory scan tool to open and close the solenoids to test the system.
MEDUIM PRIORITY FUNCTION

I am not sure what other manufactures don't currently have Evap Testing So if we Need to add a car line please post it up.

Doing this manually is time consuming when needing to smoke the system and some times requires removing a few parts to gain additonal access.

3. On Verus Plateforum when you pull a code, it gives you the option for more Help. That link takes you directly to Shop Key 5. Not all of us have a subscription. A direct link to trouble shooter would be more helpfull for those of us not using mitchel

How about changeing that option to also Alow you to look in trouble shooter software. HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

Currently you have to navigate around this to get to the trouble shooter software. This is Also time consuming. As a New User, I was un-aware of this and had to get help to figure out how to find the trouble shooter after pulling a code.

4. Back button does not always work on Verus plateforum. I understand a fix is on the way as we have discussed this in the verus forum.

5. I know Volvo coverage is on the way Starting with the basics first But would like to see all module coverage for these in the future. MEDIUM PRIORITY

6. More Porsche coverage. I know not every one works on these but some of us do from time to time. Like my self. I had the seat out trying to diagnose a bad module under the seat. This set the SRS light on and I had to get some one local to Reset this for me. LOW PRIORITY FUNCTION

7. GM Tire size calibration. The Tech 2 can change tire size calibrartion from the tool which affects the way the brakeing system works and were the shift points occure. This feature is very valuable when I do brake jobs. Since people change tire size deppending on whats on sale and what not I would be nice to adjust this Like the factory tool. HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

I know its avalible in the GM Tech 2 software on trucks like 99- up body style because I own an 00 and 05 Silverado my self and have used this feature. Not sure on cars though.

8. All module scanning on CAN bus systems Like on Ford Vehicals with CAN as Eddieverus mentioned. Nice to know what modules are present and active when you start your diagnostics. HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

9. Full vin feature Needed for record keeping. This is a must option HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

10. Fuel pump activation test This is helpfull to determine pump problems and diagnose fuel injection issues. Some of the Gm coverage seems to be missing. Would be helpfull on all product lines...
HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

11. The scroll feature is Narrow and hard to grab and scroll through data. I know we have discussed changing the interface around on the Atlas/Verus platforum so please keep this one in mind while makeing adjustments... HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE

12. Desiel DPF Regeneration Reset feature. The OEM tools for FORD And GM allow you to reset this feature. This is a much needed feature for those that see desiels. Desiel are becomeing more popular with all car lines. HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE

13.The Abilty to save functional test results and the related data to that test. HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE

14.The ability to Auto ID a vehical with the option to enter it manualy Other scan tool OEM and aftermarket currently do this.

15.The Ability to move the graphs around when veiwing live data in graph forum. :mad: Apparently this was availible in 10.2 but changed with the 10.4 update We Need this feature back in the New User interface.HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE

16. Technician Work order needs to save the engine I.D. This is important information for parts and specific repairs HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE

Over all I would say in the last 2 years Snap On has made Huge improvments in there coverage. Thats why I finally spent the money on a new scan tool. Same with the shop owner I currently work for. We looked a several scan tools and had a few demo's, but overall the Snap on had fairly good coverage and a good over all lay out.

Let's see what you guys would like to see added or changed. :D

timstech 03-11-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapOnKid (Post 21108)
I see a few different Threads in various parts of the forum with people asking for different test and features. As some of you know Snap On does look at this site to determine what is most important to focus on for future software relases. I personal thought a thread like this might be a good idea to disscus what we would like to see added or even issues that could be fixed or improved upon. Let's see what you guys think

1. Honda / Acura VTM-4 Support

2. Honda / Acura Evap Testing. Bi-directional support like the Factory scan tool to open and close the solenoids to test the system.

Doing this manually is time consuming when needing to smoke the system and some times requires removing a few parts to gain additonal access.

3. On Verus Plateforum when you pull a code, it gives you the option for more Help. That link takes you directly to Shop Key 5. Not all of us have a subscription. A direct link to trouble shooter would be more helpfull for those of us not using mitchel

How about changeing that option to also Alow you to look in trouble shooter software.

Currently you have to navigate around this to get to the trouble shooter software. This is Also time consuming. As a New User, I was un-aware of this and had to get help to figure out how to find the trouble shooter after pulling a code.

4. Back button does not always work on Verus plateforum. I understand a fix is on the way as we have discussed this in the verus forum.

5. I know Volvo coverage is on the way Starting with the basics first But would like to see all module coverage for these in the future

6. More Porsche coverage. I know not every one works on these but some do from time to time. Like my self. I had the seat out trying to diagnose a bad module under the seat. This set the SRS light on and I had to get some one local to Reset this for me.

Over all I would say in the last 2 years Snap On has made Huge improvments in there coverage. Thats why I finally spent the money on a new scan tool. Same with the shop owner I currently work for. We looked a several scan tools and had a few demo's, but overall the Snap on had fairly good coverage and a good over all lay out.

Let's what you guys would like to see added or changed. :D

I would like to see item 3 on your list, I also see the potential with SO. I put off a TECH2 and MDI for now to go with a VERUS

SnapOnKid 03-11-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timstech (Post 21116)
I would like to see item 3 on your list, I also see the potential with SO. I put off a TECH2 and MDI for now to go with a VERUS

Thanks for the response!!! I am actually going to get rid of my tech 2 . I might Get the MDI for flash through stuff on GM's though...

The only thing so far that I can not do with my verus That I can with the tech 2 is change tire size calibration which affects brakeing functions and transmission shift points. Something else I should put on my list...

timstech 03-11-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapOnKid (Post 21119)
Thanks for the response!!! I am actually going to get rid of my tech 2 . I might Get the MDI for flash through stuff on GM's though...

The only thing so far that I can not do with my verus That I can with the tech 2 is change tire size calibration which affects brakeing functions and transmission shift points. Something else I should put on my list...

I know your VERUS is new, do you pull it before the T2 on a GM BCM related problem

SnapOnKid 03-11-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timstech (Post 21121)
I know your VERUS is new, do you pull it before the T2 on a GM BCM related problem

I did on the last one I had. Was able to do all the same things. You know turn things on and off.

With the China clones on the market the tech2's are really losing there value.

I have been told you can no longer do pass through programming with the tech2. A Dealer tech says only MDI for that now. Have not verified it myself though...

Skip 03-11-2011 02:57 PM

Dodges have the ability to change tire size in the ABS module with a SO tool, it's called pinion factor. You can enter a tire size or rev/mile. There is a limit on the range set inside the controller.

SnapOnKid 03-11-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 21128)
Dodges have the ability to change tire size in the ABS module with a SO tool, it's called pinion factor. You can enter a tire size or rev/mile. There is a limit on the range set inside the controller.

Good to know. I have never worked on a dodge using a snap on scanner yet....

Wheel 03-11-2011 10:03 PM

On the scope side of things...

I would like to see the ability to graph ohms and engine RPM like
the original Vantage could do.

I would like user definable probe setup. Let me explain.
While Snap On's native pressure transducers and low amp probe are
provided for, high amp probes, other specialty pressure probes, and
temperature probes, etc. are not. Yeah you can still use them, but you
must read them as voltage and do the interpreting yourself.
The Interro PDA had the ability to allow the user to set up the scope to use any probe and automatically define the units of measure. For instance, if you wanted to set up a Fluke PV 350 pressure / vacuum transducer, which outputs 1mv per psi or inch of vacuum, you would fill in the name of the unit of measure, and tell the scope for instance that 1 mv should equal 1 psi of pressure, save your settings, and then your PV 350 would now be able to show up on your scope in psi or inches of mercury instead of millivolts. Or how about setting it up for your hi amp probe (1mv/amp) so you can read your starter draw or relative compression in amps instead of millivolts? If you were showing your customers these wave forms, having these values already converted would make explaining them a lot easier.

SnapOnKid 03-11-2011 10:57 PM

That makes perfect sense... Good Idea !!!

It would be nice to Read it as you just explained it. Especially when explaining it to a customer.

kebo1970 03-12-2011 01:44 PM

cylinder contribution test for all ford vehicles would be a good upgrade. i use the contribution test we have now and it really SAVES me time. the live misfire data would help with all of the major brands (chyrsler,honda,toyota,nissan) i did'nt put gm or ford since we have some coverage. more honda toyota and nissan functional tests. worked on a 2000 acura TL last week; no functional test available. on honda if there are functional test available; none of them work. these are items that really make a mechanics job easier. porche and land rover coverage is ok but for every porche i turn away i see 10 fords,toyotas,honda, or nissans. snap on please help me increase productivity on what's coming in my shop daily; i doubt i'll see a porche or land rover this month. did i spell porche right?

SnapOnKid 03-12-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kebo1970 (Post 21163)
cylinder contribution test for all ford vehicles would be a good upgrade. i use the contribution test we have now and it really SAVES me time. the live misfire data would help with all of the major brands (chyrsler,honda,toyota,nissan) i did'nt put gm or ford since we have some coverage. more honda toyota and nissan functional tests. worked on a 2000 acura TL last week; no functional test available. on honda if there are functional test available; none of them work. these are items that really make a mechanics job easier. porche and land rover coverage is ok but for every porche i turn away i see 10 fords,toyotas,honda, or nissans. snap on please help me increase productivity on what's coming in my shop daily; i doubt i'll see a porche or land rover this month. did i spell porche right?

Good post! Which functional test for the Honda / Acura's are you looking for? Because Honda/Acura and Toyota's are a main part of my business here too.

The more people that post up specifics will show Snap On that we need to get certain features expedited.

Wheel 03-13-2011 11:08 AM

On GM trucks 95 and older with 4 wheel ABS, Snap On has a feature
to initiate a functional test, which is often necessary to bleed the brakes.
Anyone who has struggled to get a good pedal out of these knows the
importance of what I am talking about. The feature does not work.
At least not on the Modis. And probably not on the other platforms. It behaves as though there is a code present (there isn't) and won't run the test. For those at Snap On who would try to troubleshoot this, ANY of these trucks with this system will do, but you might particularly try a 95 model. Also, there are enough of these out there, don't they warrant their own ABS connector? Using the multi 1 connector is a royal pain here. If I had a dedicated connector here, I could plug it in and be done before I even got started fumbling around with the multi 1 connector.

eddiesverus 03-13-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapOnKid (Post 21108)

1. Honda / Acura VTM-4 Support

How about changeing that option to also Alow you to look in trouble shooter software.

5. I know Volvo coverage is on the way Starting with the basics first But would like to see all module coverage for these in the future.

6. More Porsche coverage. I know not every one works on these but some do from time to time. Like my self. I had the seat out trying to diagnose a bad module under the seat. This set the SRS light on and I had to get some one local to Reset this for me.

7. GM Tire size calibration. The Tech 2 can change tire size calibrartion from the tool which affects the way the brakeing system works and were the shift points occure. This feature is very valuable when I do brake jobs. Since people change tire size deppending on whats on sale and what not I would be nice to adjust this Like the factory tool.

I know its avalible in the GM Tech 2 software on trucks like 99- up body style because I own an 00 and 05 Silverado my self and have used this feature. Not sure on cars though.

Let's what you guys would like to see added or changed. :D

I agree with everything you have said, even I do own many other tools including a tech2, I prefer a single platform like the Verus because It lets me do many functions and run two tools in a single platform. But eventhough I still don't like the 10.4 interface I think its a very good tool. I had posted in an other thread that I also would like the ability for a all module scan, this would reley be the best upgrade. Currenty only pre-CAN Ford has it, but I would like it on GM class2 and all current CAN vehicles, as stated before this helps isolate which systems attention first and to the problem fast.
Yes as I stated on a diffrent thread, that a costomizible link added from the codes screen to SnapOn own Troubleshooter as well to IdentaFix, Askatech or IATN for those current subscribers. I have Shop key but I've always found the answer elseware. especialy in SnapOns own troubleshooter info.

SnapOnKid 03-13-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiesverus (Post 21180)
I agree with everything you have said, even I do own many other tools including a tech2, I prefer a single platform like the Verus because It lets me do many functions and run two tools in a single platform. But eventhough I still don't like the 10.4 interface I think its a very good tool. I had posted in an other thread that I also would like the ability for a all module scan, this would reley be the best upgrade. Currenty only pre-CAN Ford has it, but I would like it on GM class2 and all current CAN vehicles, as stated before this helps isolate which systems attention first and to the problem fast.
Yes as I stated on a diffrent thread, that a costomizible link added from the codes screen to SnapOn own Troubleshooter as well to IdentaFix, Askatech or IATN for those current subscribers. I have Shop key but I've always found the answer elseware. especialy in SnapOns own troubleshooter info.

Good post Eddie!!! I forgot about the all module scanning. Thats a good Idea I will add it on to my want list.

SnapOnKid 03-13-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheel (Post 21179)
On GM trucks 95 and older with 4 wheel ABS, Snap On has a feature
to initiate a functional test, which is often necessary to bleed the brakes.
Anyone who has struggled to get a good pedal out of these knows the
importance of what I am talking about. The feature does not work.
At least not on the Modis. And probably not on the other platforms. It behaves as though there is a code present (there isn't) and won't run the test. For those at Snap On who would try to troubleshoot this, ANY of these trucks with this system will do, but you might particularly try a 95 model. Also, there are enough of these out there, don't they warrant their own ABS connector? Using the multi 1 connector is a royal pain here. If I had a dedicated connector here, I could plug it in and be done before I even got started fumbling around with the multi 1 connector.

I have used that function on newer vehicals when I do a brake Job. It makes a world of difference to the pedal feel. Unfortunitly I can't remember the last time I had something older then 96-97. Never tried it on any thing older then around 98 at the shop I work for.

If the function Is not working as it should on say a 95 model GM Then we need to let Snap On know so they can be aware of this. They will need a vin Number so they can attempt to duplicate it and correct the issue.

SnapOnKid 03-13-2011 03:37 PM

I made some changes to the list and added How I would like see them Implamented by priority. Let me know what you guys think and If you would like to see something specific.

For instance Eddieverus You seem very familiar with the scanner software and you probally Know alot more about what is and is not covered when it comes to Evap Testing support.

badcoupe 03-13-2011 06:23 PM

Ability to program keys like the pats ford systems would be helpfull.BCM and SDM setup on latemodel GM's when doing airbag repairs and replacing bcm's. I have the tech2 to do them and many don't require going online for a flash just a simple setup procedure. Unlocking radios on gm's as well.

eddiesverus 03-13-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapOnKid (Post 21193)
I made some changes to the list and added How I would like see them Implamented by priority. Let me know what you guys think and If you would like to see something specific.

For instance Eddieverus You seem very familiar with the scanner software and you probally Know alot more about what is and is not covered when it comes to Evap Testing support.

Well So far Evap Testing seems to be pretty good with SnapOn tools. So far its the the only one with Ford Evap test and cold soak bypass test. On GM it runs service bay test on most models that support it and on those it does not I've found that even the Tech2 wont run. Chrysler's offer a LDP test as well and It also has good Import coverage for Honda, Toyota and Nissan with a good coverage of bidirectional testing. Maybe needs more support on others like most Euros and none common Asian like Subaru, Isuzu, Kia, Ect. I think that we are ok with EVAP for now and if we need more Lets make a list of what we need and post it.

eddiesverus 03-13-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badcoupe (Post 21196)
Ability to program keys like the pats ford systems would be helpfull.BCM and SDM setup on latemodel GM's when doing airbag repairs and replacing bcm's. I have the tech2 to do them and many don't require going online for a flash just a simple setup procedure. Unlocking radios on gm's as well.

As for PATS and GM Passlock system that's another ball game that is included in the pass-through Flash programing systems. But yes for SDM and BCM setting up these modules can only be done with the Tech2. I agree that it should be added to current the software and BPS Brake Pedal position relearning should also be added for newer GMs and CAN systems that use a BPS.

SnapOnKid 03-14-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiesverus (Post 21202)
Well So far Evap Testing seems to be pretty good with SnapOn tools. So far its the the only one with Ford Evap test and cold soak bypass test. On GM it runs service bay test on most models that support it and on those it does not I've found that even the Tech2 wont run. Chrysler's offer a LDP test as well and It also has good Import coverage for Honda, Toyota and Nissan with a good coverage of bidirectional testing. Maybe needs more support on others like most Euros and none common Asian like Subaru, Isuzu, Kia, Ect. I think that we are ok with EVAP for now and if we need more Lets make a list of what we need and post it.

I had a 98 prelude, 98 Acura integra, 99 civic, 2000 accord. Didn't seem to support any of those... of course I was using the Solus pro but 10.4 software should be the same. Had to use the MTS3100 for bi-derectional control.

Had a friend bring me an 07 Duramax tonight 6.6 LMM. He wanted me to reset the regen and DPF functions... He claims its dumping to much fuel and already had the calibration updated at the dealer. Broke out the verus but no bidrectionl support. I don't have my tech 2 at the moment but I was able to use my EFI Live which has bi-directional support on it to verify proper function before clearing and reseting the ECM Monitors.

kebo1970 03-14-2011 05:39 PM

i worked on a 2007 chrysler pt cruiser today and went to pull codes from the codes overview and saw the ALL MODULES STATUS. eddie has mentioned this on several threads; it sure makes it convenient when checking codes. from now on i'll be looking for this feature on every car i scan. i hope snap on is listening; STOP ADDING MORE BRANDS to the scanner, ADD MORE FUNCTIONS to the brands we have already. LIVE CYLINDER CONTRIBUTION TESTS for toyota, nissan, honda, all fords and chrysler(the one for chrysler rarely works).

SnapOnKid 03-15-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kebo1970 (Post 21225)
i worked on a 2007 chrysler pt cruiser today and went to pull codes from the codes overview and saw the ALL MODULES STATUS. eddie has mentioned this on several threads; it sure makes it convenient when checking codes. from now on i'll be looking for this feature on every car i scan. i hope snap on is listening; STOP ADDING MORE BRANDS to the scanner, ADD MORE FUNCTIONS to the brands we have already. LIVE CYLINDER CONTRIBUTION TESTS for toyota, nissan, honda, all fords and chrysler(the one for chrysler rarely works).

Good post.

Do you know which models of Chrysler work and which don't work?

66superduty 03-15-2011 09:07 AM

i 2nd everything kebo said except i need all the cars and light trucks and all the functions. and the style of screen the scanner (verus ) had when i bought it!!!!!! . i work in a shop that works on everything on every car an truck.

Wheel 03-15-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66superduty (Post 21237)
i 2nd everything kebo said except i need all the cars and light trucks and all the functions. and the style of screen the scanner (verus ) had when i bought it!!!!!! . i work in a shop that works on everything on every car an truck.

I agree we shouldn't discourage them from adding ANY coverage,
and I agree the original interface needs to be restored. Did you vote in either of the polls on this in the Verus forum?

66superduty 03-15-2011 10:34 AM

no i didnt vote. but i will . i have been very discourged. i am almost 60 years old and have bought snap-on tools since 1970. i cant get over the fact that snap-on goes to a lot of expense to demo thier product to the dealers ,but the dealers dont show. then when you ask a simple question like whats the new update about they cant tell you. i get answers from all the dealers i have hads like uh i got some emails from snap-on , i will read them and get back to you. my dealer couldnt tell me if i was supossed to get a 7a key with an update are if i was meant to buy one with an update. he didnt even know they where out are necessary. i just am trying to stay with snap-on two more years. then i will walk away from it all and never look back. wake up snap-on i used to wear you gimme hats and belt buckles with pride, now i dont even wont one !!!!!

greasybob 03-15-2011 06:02 PM

04 Cadillac Srx

1 Attachment(s)
04 Cadillac SRX and maybe other models with memory seats, need access to the memory seat module. Reason ? If any of the adjustable pedal components need replacing or the memory seat module it's self, the pedals will have to be recalibrated with a function in the memory seat module or they will not be functional. Here is the VIN and the 10.2 menu. Thanks

eddiesverus 03-15-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapOnKid (Post 21205)
I had a 98 prelude, 98 Acura integra, 99 civic, 2000 accord. Didn't seem to support any of those... of course I was using the Solus pro but 10.4 software should be the same. Had to use the MTS3100 for bi-derectional control.

Had a friend bring me an 07 Duramax tonight 6.6 LMM. He wanted me to reset the regen and DPF functions... He claims its dumping to much fuel and already had the calibration updated at the dealer. Broke out the verus but no bidrectionl support. I don't have my tech 2 at the moment but I was able to use my EFI Live which has bi-directional support on it to verify proper function before clearing and resetting the ECM Monitors.

Yes you are right, I hadn't worked on an older pre 2002 Honda's. I've mostly worked on newer 2003 models and found they have good coverage. But I have a 1997 Prelude and found that Bidirectional controls are very limited close to none and also found that there is no ABS or SRS testing for it, only how to manually pull codes on these systems. My OTC Genisys has better coverage on these older Honda's and can read codes and Data as well as run bidirectional testing I am surprised? So yes we need More support for these older Honda's. We need SRS, ABS Codes and Data,We need Evap functional Testing, which are not included. I Checked from 1996 to 2002 Honda Accords to the Prelude all are missing these testing capabilities.

SnapOnKid 03-15-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiesverus (Post 21251)
Yes you are right, I hadn't worked on an older pre 2002 Honda's. I've mostly worked on newer 2003 models and found they have good coverage. But I have a 1997 Prelude and found that Bidirectional controls are very limited close to none and also found that there is no ABS or SRS testing for it, only how to manually pull codes on these systems. My OTC Genisys has better coverage on these older Honda's and can read codes and Data as well as run bidirectional testing I am surprised? So yes we need More support for these older Honda's. We need SRS, ABS Codes and Data,We need Evap functional Testing, which are not included. I Checked from 1996 to 2002 Honda Accords to the Prelude all are missing these testing capabilities.

Thanks Eddie!!! As long as I am not the only one asking for it... LOL

These cars are now getting old enough that when you get a Evap system failure they can very dificult to diagnose with out those features.

The same week we got our new solus pro at the shop I found this out on the honda's...

Luckly I kept that MTS3100. Now Im thinking I should get the rest of the cards and the update for it... I only paid $500 for it. It was complete with cables and connectors but only had the oem honda card. I Just scored an oem toyota card for $250 :D

SnapOnKid 03-15-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greasybob (Post 21247)
04 Cadillac SRX and maybe other models with memory seats, need access to the memory seat module. Reason ? If any of the adjustable pedal components need replacing or the memory seat module it's self, the pedals will have to be recalibrated with a function in the memory seat module or they will not be functional. Here is the VIN and the 10.2 menu. Thanks

Good Find Bob!!! I Haven't come across one my self yet But then again I have only had my new Verus a month.

I hope they bring back the full vin feature in the new update.

Crusty 03-16-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiesverus (Post 21251)

I've been trying to tell SnapOn that MISSING pids & functions IS BROKEN FOR YEARS-!! But according to them I'm just bitchin....

Crusty 03-16-2011 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapOnKid (Post 21253)
Good Find Bob!!! I Haven't come across one my self yet But then again I have only had my new Verus a month.

I hope they bring back the full vin feature in the new update.

VIN display has been in the GM scanners.....forever.....
It USED to be in the SnapOn menus, but now, they have REMOVED?? IT??....
Now, back to what i just said a minute ago..........
MISSING IS BROKEN.....

ANY pid the software people remove is WRONG, on ANY vehicle. For crying out loud...the manufacturers put pids in the datastream for a reason-!! Heck, we can't get enough information....it ALL helps sort out the diagnosis of cause & effect....

For ANY software person to remove ANY pid is wrong. If I don't need it, I WILL cull it out with custom data list or, save everything and review the data and cull out a pid with the NOW MISSING "edit" function.

Just wait and see. They'll remove the edit button in a new SSC version and then it's "missing", so then they'll claim missing isn't broken......
Good God Almighty-!!!! Get your heads outta your hienies-!!!!!!!

greasybob 03-16-2011 04:47 AM

08 Suburban LC9 engine

2 Attachment(s)
Recently working on an 08 Chevy Suburban with the LC9 VIN 3 5.3 engine that there was no option in the main menu or data option in the engine menu for the fuel pump control module. The vehicle is defenitely equipped with one. If I entered the vehicle as an 09 it would appear and was functional. This was using 10.2 software so maybe the ommision has already been corrected. Thanks

greasybob 03-16-2011 04:51 AM

Sorry forgot the VIN 1GNFK16388J128690

kebo1970 03-16-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66superduty (Post 21237)

theres only one way to get all the cars and all the functions; the factory tools are the way to go. lets be REASONABLE with our request. stuff like memory seat modules are not things we work on everyday(like the request anyway). programming is best done with the factory tools; theres no way snap on can compete with the factory stuff. remember the verus,modis,and verdict are generic scanners with generic coverage. i want more functions too; more realistic functions.

66superduty 03-16-2011 06:26 AM

for the price i dont think its crazy to want everything. unreasonable lets see, ids with 2 yrs of updates from xl is less than 3000.00 , you just covered everything for all ford products, how much for gm and chysler, about the same as verus now but not all features. most jap stuff covered some what with one of these scanners. add limited euro support another 1200.00 and 2000.00 a year for updates now 1st year we are at about 15,000.00 and cant fix all cars. the indepandant shop that is going to survive has to do the stuff no one else wants to do. snap-on markets to independant shops. what we are all saying is HELP, we dont think we are getting enough for the price.you can get on me for my ideas and you can tell your buddies in the shop look this old man dont spell right and he dont puncuate correctly, but my understanding of this bussniss is well grounded in 40 years of being in it.25yrs ago we paid 15,000.00 for big screen scopes to try and see inside a distrubutor, i would like to think there are those among us who would pay more for more ,but the big noise is it aint cost efective as is

Wheel 03-16-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusty (Post 21255)
MISSING IS BROKEN.....

ANY pid the software people remove is WRONG, on ANY vehicle. For crying out loud...the manufacturers put pids in the datastream for a reason-!! Heck, we can't get enough information....it ALL helps sort out the diagnosis of cause & effect....

For ANY software person to remove ANY pid is wrong. If I don't need it, I WILL cull it out with custom data list or, save everything and review the data and cull out a pid with the NOW MISSING "edit" function.

Just wait and see. They'll remove the edit button in a new SSC version and then it's "missing", so then they'll claim missing isn't broken......

Your point is well made. Once a feature is put in a tool. it should not be
taken away, unless it harms the function of the tool. This is why there is so much anger with what 10.4 did to the Verus. The concept of removing old information to make room for newer is also unacceptable in a tool. Snap On has been guilty of this in the past. I hope they now realize that taking away features is something they will no longer be
able to get away with. I can be patient waiting for a feature to be added
that was never there, but I feel we have the right to expect what is already there to stay there, and I, for one, seriously lose patience and trust when this is not so.

Wheel 03-16-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greasybob (Post 21256)
Recently working on an 08 Chevy Suburban with the LC9 VIN 3 5.3 engine that there was no option in the main menu or data option in the engine menu for the fuel pump control module. The vehicle is defenitely equipped with one. If I entered the vehicle as an 09 it would appear and was functional. This was using 10.2 software so maybe the ommision has already been corrected. Thanks

Don't that 10.2 software look good? Aren't you glad you didn't
"upgrade" to 10.4?

SnapOnKid 03-16-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greasybob (Post 21256)

Another good find bob. I think you mentioned it before some were else but thats why I started this thread, to try and keep all this stuff together when they fix or update the software.

SnapOnKid 03-16-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusty (Post 21255)
MISSING IS BROKEN.....

I feel your right, The more info the better. For the price of lets say a verus you should get the factory functions and data esspecially with 2 updates a year and there additional cost... I have no problem spending the money on the tool or the updates, but I want to get what I am paying for... A brand new top of the line wizz bang laptop and cable interface with OEM type coverage from another company is alot cheaper... They may not have good customer service but thats another story...

any other specific coverage we need to press for???

badcoupe 03-16-2011 09:33 AM

99 grandprix se 3.8 motor abs codes came up in the datastream only as numbers no description. I never got to try the 10.2 as my verdict is my first SO scanner but it looks alot better than what I'm working with. The software on this is driving me crazy they remotely updated it for me but it's still buggy as hell. When you're entering a vehicle and select say a chevy truck then the next screen is still all chevy models cars and all, WTF? seems to defeat the purpose of the screen you just came from. I miss my mentor terribly, seriously regretting buying SO. for 3 times the money I got less I feel. troubleshooter is a joke as well in my book. I've pretty pissed since I bought this turd. I'd used bricks and ethos in the past that other people owned and thought they were rather backwards, but thought they ironed out with the verus/verdict but I guess I was wrong.