Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr Dave
    • Nov 2010

veridc reveiw?

Any one been using Verdic?Are ther any reveiws out there?Or any input/feed back.I have been testing one out for a few weeks now,bust honestly have only used in on maybe 6 or 7 vechiles.I want to beleive in it.Ive owned Snap On tools for over 27 years,but I know on the equiptment side there have been some issues.I don't want to spend the big bucks then find out the bugs hav't been worked out.I have had some issues with the verdic it looses communication on 2 veichiles that were of the same make and model but one year apart.The rep doesn't say there NESSESSARLY working on it but that they have.t dupilicate the issue.But the rep has seen both vechiles and seen the issue and I have full accsess to both,if they thought they were interested in a sulution I would have thought they would be here running some test not searching the field for another couple problem cars.It just scares me to think they will poss shove this under the rug.What other issues might ther be?I want to buy it but can,t see the value if it doesn't work and especally if ther not gooing to stand behind it.Note 2 other scanners including a sulus and a otc worked fine but 2 verdics didn't what would you think ..Please help me make a decision.
  • hefaus
    • Dec 2007

decision

Originally posted by Dr Dave
    Any one been using Verdic?Are ther any reveiws out there?Or any input/feed back.I have been testing one out for a few weeks now,bust honestly have only used in on maybe 6 or 7 vechiles.I want to beleive in it.Ive owned Snap On tools for over 27 years,but I know on the equiptment side there have been some issues.I don't want to spend the big bucks then find out the bugs hav't been worked out.I have had some issues with the verdic it looses communication on 2 veichiles that were of the same make and model but one year apart.The rep doesn't say there NESSESSARLY working on it but that they have.t dupilicate the issue.But the rep has seen both vechiles and seen the issue and I have full accsess to both,if they thought they were interested in a sulution I would have thought they would be here running some test not searching the field for another couple problem cars.It just scares me to think they will poss shove this under the rug.What other issues might ther be?I want to buy it but can,t see the value if it doesn't work and especally if ther not gooing to stand behind it.Note 2 other scanners including a sulus and a otc worked fine but 2 verdics didn't what would you think ..Please help me make a decision.
    If It's broke ,dont buy it.

Comment

• kebo1970
      • Nov 2008

Glitches

I Have Used All Of The Scanners And All Of Them Have Glitches. I Must Admit Snap On Makes A Good Product. I Doubt You Could Find Any Other Brand Without Glitches. The Verdict Is New So Get Ready For More Mistakes The More You Use It.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
        • Nov 2007

What vehicles

Hi Dr. Dave,

What vehicles did you have an issue with? Please post them if you can along with the first ten of the VIN of each. Why? Because that's how we do it in Beta to help the developers and engineeres know what cars they have issues with. That would help substantially! BTW, I am not a Snap-on employee, so I can't say when this glitch will be addressed. You may be the first to report it...

Dave, I have seen the Verdict evolve, and it is a GREAT piece of hardware. As with any tool, there are growing pains. Look at the Modis for example. When it first came out there were issues, but now it is a super stable platform. Right now, I know they are tweaking the software. I think software is always a bigger challenge than hardware these days.

I have a Verus, Modis etc.. but I really like my Verdict, light weight and easy to hang on the steering wheel for "straight runs". Of course when I turn the wheel, I take it off. I really like the Keyless, wireless operation the best. If you are "riding the fence" I would say that the software tweaks will be available free, so make a decision based on how well you like the tool, not how it is operating now. Since Atlas is completely new, It has to be tested in the "field" now. We all know that controlled conditions limit the real amount of real world testing. Same thing with Modis. After it was out for a while, it became (and still is) a great tool.

Good Luck, Bob

Comment

• USpMD
          • Oct 2010

Having been in the Dealer world for years, and having the first wireless system to my Knowlage I can say there are obstales, Ford IDS system VCM module is built by Snap-on, this came out years ago, when this system went wireless I was the first one to have it, and I can tell you I had many problems with connections, seams the sales staff is not allways fourth coming with issues, hoping engineering will solve these issues, The one thing I ran into as the lead tech/shop foreman at a large dealership are; lost or no connection to IDS for VCM, sodium filled lighting interfears with the operational freq. of the wireless,(most RF may cause issues) also metal buildings and conflicks with other wireless devices also play havoc with wireless, wireless is great but there are times when a cable interface can be much quicker
          "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

Working...