Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leemack
    • Jul 2010

verdict running picoscope

Should my verdict be capable of running my pico scope. I have installed the software but the scope does not work. It powers up via the usb port but doesn't show any response.*

Example,*

I connect 1 channel to an inlet metering valve duty, channel 2 to frp sensor and I just get a reading of 12 volts and 0.5 volts but no switching.*

connect up pico to laptop and its fine. I always thought the verdict was a windows based operating system that should allow this.*

thanks*
    lee*
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

I'm not completely sure of the Verdict specs, but my guess would be that it doesn't have the processing power to handle Pico. Also, does the Verdict have Microsoft's .NET Framework installed?

Comment

• leemack
      • Jul 2010

Snapon scan line in the UK said it won't run it as its not a true windows operating sysfem.

thanks

lee

Comment

• transporter
        • Jun 2012

I'm running VCDS that needs windows os. So, the above poster is probably right that the Verdict's windows os is missing a component.

Comment

• Orevin
          • Aug 2010

There is nothing missing in the embedded Windows XP version that would prevent Pico from running.

The Pico software has become very power hungry over the years. The Verdict's horsepower isn't enough to drive the Pico application. Even the Verus Wireless with twice the memory doesn't handle Pico well.
          -Kai-
          Chicago, IL

Comment

Working...