Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbender
    • Feb 2011

update problem/scanner issue?

I have never been prompted to do any updates on my verdict. I tried to manually initiate updates by clicking on the DUC icon in the start up folder and it gives me an error stating that the application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Re-installing the application may fix the problem. How do you re-install the application?

I had a hard time with my verdict scanning today and kept receiving the following errors

I have never seen these errors before but were presented with them after plugging my scanner modules usb cable into the D7 module. I thought that maybey since the scanner would not communicate wirelessly that if I plugged in the usb cable I could establish communication. I even rebooted the unit a few times and was presented with the exact same problem. I spent more time today trying to get my diagnostic equiptment to work than working on customers cars. Not a good day with the Verdict!
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

The message you got stating "The firmware on your scanner hardware device does not match the version of software used by this version of the software" is normally displayed only after the software on the Verdict D7 has been updated. The first time you try to use the scanner after an update, you would receive this message prompting you to connect the USB cable to the scanner so the update to the scanner can be performed. It does not need to be connected to the internet for this part of the update as the software is loaded from the D7 to the scanner module.

Since the automatic updater program (DUC) doesn't appear to be working correctly and the D7 has not downloaded an update, you should contact customer care so they can take a look at it.

Comment

• cbender
      • Feb 2011

Ok, thanks

Comment

• badcoupe
        • Jan 2011

i get those messages on a daily basis, rather irritating.just reboot and go until they fix this pos.

Comment

Working...