X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

Verdict Bios

Originally posted by meatwad
    Just figured I'd bring this one back from the dead to see if anybody knows if 13.2 is running smoothly on the Verdict??????
    I have had 13.2 on my Verdict since release. I decided to reimage mine and installed an SSD. It picked up some noticeable speed. It is very stable. Due to the screen size, I usually use a Verus, but my Techs always grab the Verdict and never complain. There have been no freeze-ups in 13.2.

I avoided doing any re-imaging until the SSD. I did it only because of the SSD, and wanted to start out "clean".

Also, there is a Bios update for the Verdict that allows a faster start-up because it reorganized some of the start-up orders:

Read:

BIOS Update here:

Comment

• meatwad
      • Mar 2011

Hey Bob-
      Is the upgraded drive something you did through snap-on or was it done independently? Thanks

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
        I have had 13.2 on my Verdict since release. I decided to reimage mine and installed an SSD. It picked up some noticeable speed. It is very stable. Due to the screen size, I usually use a Verus, but my Techs always grab the Verdict and never complain. There have been no freeze-ups in 13.2.

I avoided doing any re-imaging until the SSD. I did it only because of the SSD, and wanted to start out "clean".

Also, there is a Bios update for the Verdict that allows a faster start-up because it reorganized some of the start-up orders:

Read:

BIOS Update here:

What brand ssd did you use in your Verdict? I tried an ssd in my Verus,
        but had to replace it with a 500 gb seagate because of repeated bootup problems. I'd like to try another ssd because I sure like the speed difference, but I want to use a brand that someone has had success with in a scantool platform.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Hey Bob-
          Is the upgraded drive something you did through snap-on or was it done independently? Thanks
          These updates you read about to memory or hard drive have been done by individuals - usually after warranty expires. As far as I know, Snap On will not do this for you, and in fact, may not support or work on your tool
          with these modifications. So if I am right, and you modify your scanner, keep your old parts and reinstall them if you have to send it in or if you sell it.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Bob's Garage
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Wheel
            What brand ssd did you use in your Verdict? I tried an ssd in my Verus,
            but had to replace it with a 500 gb seagate because of repeated bootup problems. I'd like to try another ssd because I sure like the speed difference, but I want to use a brand that someone has had success with in a scantool platform.
            Hi Tim,

I was told by some people in the know that not all SSDs work the same. In fact some actually slow the boot up down. I recommend the smallest one you can use practically. Move your files (saves) off as needed. This is because even with an SSD a 500 GB is going to be slower because of the size affects the speed also.

Since I don't have an SSD in my Verus, I won't be able to recommend one. The Verdict has a different style. 1.8 and in short supply.

Bob

Comment

• Bob's Garage
              • Nov 2007

SSD Not supported by SO

Hey Bob-
              Snap-on doesn't support the SSDs in any platform currently. It is not offered as an upgrade at this time.

They are also not easy to find 1.8 PATA interface and expensive even for a small one, a 64 Gb like mine. If you don't need one, it isn't worth the trouble even though it is faster. If under warranty, do not add one!

Bob
              Last edited by Bob's Garage; 05-11-2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                • Nov 2007

Good thread on the ins and outs of SSD's in Verus

Good thread on the ins and outs of SSD's in Verus:

http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ight=RAM+Verus
                Last edited by Bob's Garage; 05-13-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• chopperb
                  • Aug 2013

Just figured I'd bring this one back from the dead to see if anybody knows if 13.2 is running smoothly on the Verdict??????
                  I bought my verdict in August. Got it used with 12.2. I updated it earlier this month to 13.4. I have no problems with it. Never had it lock up or anything.

Comment

Working...