Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 19mopar
    • Oct 2010

Looking to buy a pressure tranducer

I am looking to purchase a 0-500 psi pressure transducer to work with my verdict. I looked at snap-on online and found some but they look to have a connector that wouldn't fit any where on my verdict. they were for a vantage I think. Where does a person find one and what are some of you guys using. thanks in advance.

Darren Nelson
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

The pressure transducer will work with the Verus, but you will need the EEMS301A05 Adapter to connect it.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• 19mopar
      • Oct 2010

Thanks for the quick reply.

Joe I have a verdict not a verus

How would i hook it up to the verdict.

first question: From the picture i can see the bigger end looks to have two connectors that the cable for the tranducer could plug into or posible two transducer cables. One that same end what is the other connector USB? can't get a clear pic.

second question: On the other connector i see what looks to be a 9 pin connector with a green and yellow lead off of it. What do these connect to. I am assuming the m2 meter.

Third question: if i am thinking of a transducer for cylinder compression testing i need to go with the 0-500psi kit. But what if i want to check vacuum or boost with this tranducer work or if not can just the 0-100 psi tranducer be purchased seperately without the cable.

Fourth question: Will the verdict with this adapter be able to use the COP adapters as the picture looks to have the same cable end or is the scope module M2 not capable of reading this kind of info.

Sorry about the long reply, just want to gather some more info before purchasing something that won't work with the verdict. The more i use the verdict (love it) i think i probably should have purchased the verus because of tho more channels and secondary ignition testing.

Thanks again Darren

Comment

• kebo1970
        • Nov 2008

transducer

the part# is EEDM5030. IT CONNECTS TO THE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE SIDES OF THE M2. it reads 1millivolt per psi. ten pounds of pressure equals ten millivolts. it ranges from 1 to 500psi. it does vacuum as well 1 to 29 inches of vacuum. this will work for in cylinder testing.
        Last edited by kebo1970; 07-29-2011, 07:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• kebo1970
          • Nov 2008

ignition testing

look up the ferret 963 or the 953 at www.gxtauto.com if you want to do secondary ignition testing or cop testing. i have the 963 and like it. both would cost less than getting a verus. the 963 will also do (10) injectors at one time.

Comment

• BILLY QLINDO
            • Aug 2012

Pressure transducer ....HELP PLEASE....

Hi everyone, I have two pressure transducers (100 & 500 psi) with the old style cable from an old Sun machine (Snapon) ; but i can't connect it to my Modis , I would like to know if i can buy the cable or adapter (product numbers) including accessories from Snapon or anywhere else to make them work with my MODIS. Thank you for your time.
            Ps: I ask my Snapon dealer and he told me I can't buy just the cable , the accessories for the engine probably I can make them myself...

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
              Snap-on D&I
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BILLY QLINDO
              Hi everyone, I have two pressure transducers (100 & 500 psi) with the old style cable from an old Sun machine (Snapon) ; but i can't connect it to my Modis , I would like to know if i can buy the cable or adapter (product numbers) including accessories from Snapon or anywhere else to make them work with my MODIS. Thank you for your time.
              Ps: I ask my Snapon dealer and he told me I can't buy just the cable , the accessories for the engine probably I can make them myself...
              You will need te split lead adapter EEMS301A05 to connect the pressure probes to Modis.
              You may need pressure probe cable EAX0024B10A.
              Both can be seen under scope accessories here:

Modis and V pro share accessories.
              The split lead adapter allows the pressure probe cable to be connected to the Modis. It has 2 jacks for pressure probe cables and a 9 pin "D" connector for the RPM lead.
              The cable connects the pressure probe to the Split lead adapter. You may already have that cable. It connects to the pressure probe on one end and has a mini DIN connector on the other end that connects to the split lead adapter. You should be able to tell from the pictures.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                Snap-on D&I
                • Nov 2006

Joe I have a verdict not a verus
                How would i hook it up to the verdict.
                Look here under scope accessories:
                http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/VERDICT

first question: From the picture i can see the bigger end looks to have twoconnectors that the cable for the tranducer could plug into or posible twotransducer cables. One that same end what is the other connector USB? can't geta clear pic.
                You need pressure adapter EEMS324PSA. Modis, Verus, and V Pro supply power directly to the pressure probes thru the adapter cable Joe mentioned. Verdict uses a different adapter that contains a battery to supply power to them.

second question: On the other connector i see what looks to be a 9 pinconnector with a green and yellow lead off of it. What do these connect to. Iam assuming the m2 meter.
                See above for the adapter you need. The adapter Joe mentioned is for Verus/Modis/V pro.

Third question: if i am thinking of a transducer for cylinder compressiontesting i need to go with the 0-500psi kit. But what if i want to check vacuumor boost with this tranducer work or if not can just the 0-100 psi tranducer bepurchased seperately without the cable.
                The 500 PSI is not used for vacuum. The 100 PSI will read vacuum to a little over 20"Hg so you will have to determine if that is enough range for what you want to use it for. The EEDM5030 will go to 29"Hg as mentioned in another post.

Fourth question: Will the verdict with this adapter be able to use the COPadapters as the picture looks to have the same cable end or is the scope moduleM2 not capable of reading this kind of info.
                COP pickups are connected to the M2 using secondary coil adapter EETA309A05A. Verdict supports single cylinder ignition testing but does not have ignition scope where multiple cylinders can be connected to and displayed in the Parade, Raster, Cylinder, and Superimposed patterns

Sorry about the long reply, just want to gather some more info beforepurchasing something that won't work with the verdict. The more i use theverdict (love it) i think i probably should have purchased the verus because oftho more channels and secondary ignition testing.

Comment

Working...