Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antthecat
    • Apr 2014

Verdict vs 1994 fiesta

Hello, I am after a bit of advice. I have a fiesta 1994 build 1.1l and its sometimes a non start.

I am having issues with getting the verdict to power up. I'm using the ford adapter and connecting the 3 pin adapter to the black dlc next to the battery and putting a 12v power feed in the Jack on the side but the verdict scan head won't power up with the in car charger lead or a battery jump lead.

The fuse in the da5 lead is good and tried another adapter but still won't power up and communicate.

Am I missing anything?

Cheers

Ant
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Battery power lead

I would think a power hungry Verdict might need a cleaner tighter battery connection and draw more current through an old OBD 1 adapter than the old MT2500 would require to power up. Maybe you could probe the seam of the center of the pin in the OBD 1 power adapter receptacle with a t-pin , sharp pick or narrow exacto knife and carefully open it slightly to get tighter contact. I had to do that recently to get my old MT 2500 to power up through an old Chrysler OBD 1 connector .

I Reread your post and saw you were Not talking about a power feed connection issue at the OBD 1 adapter like a Solus or MT2500 requires to power up.

If you are sure it is powered off Remove the unit's battery, Remove any usb drives , or SD cards from slots, Make sure you have voltage output that the charger says using a DVOM. Check the unit's battery voltage, If Charger has the rated output voltage, but battery has none, leave the battery out and see if unit will power up just using the charger, or positive battery cord.
    Lap top computer that has a bad battery can prevent the unit from powering up , even if the power cord is plugged in. Take the battery out and they will power up with the power cord.
    Last edited by Witsend; 04-19-2014, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• antthecat
      • Apr 2014

Hi and thanks for the reply. Sorry but I don't think I have made things clear. What I mean is the verdict wireless scantool head doesn't power up and thats creating my comms issues. Neither does the da5 led.

Never been a issue with the ethos or solus pro.

The wireless scantool head will power up with the BMW 20 pin with the da5 lead.

Comment

Working...