Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael_Hogue
    • Dec 2011

Verus Stuck At Verus Screen

Yesterday I shut down the VERUS improperly by holding down the power button when the screen was showing Windows loading. Now when it turns on it gets stuck at the screen VERUS shopstream compatible and will not do anything else. We have tried removing the battery. No good. Please help us, customer service is closed for New Year's and we need this fixed today.
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

I would suggest a call to tech support 1-800-332-2526
    MasterWrench

Comment

• Michael_Hogue
      • Dec 2011

Yes

I meant them, they were closed. I've also tried calling my franchisee, I would re-image the tool, but then all the programs I have installed will not work and that's what we need.

Comment

• Michael_Hogue
        • Dec 2011

wait thats a different number. Thanks i'll try them.

Comment

• Michael_Hogue
          • Dec 2011

nope. they're closed......

Comment

• diesel71
            • Feb 2008

Just a though, make sure you dont have any usb sticks pluged into the usb port/ports. try starting it up again. If this is not the case you might have to re-image. maybe try it with the power cord pluged in, to insure good power.

Comment

• eddie8
              • Mar 2008

Can you try doing a system restore?
              Edwin Hazzard
              Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• jrorl63
                Snap-on DSD
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Michael_Hogue
                Yesterday I shut down the VERUS improperly by holding down the power button when the screen was showing Windows loading. Now when it turns on it gets stuck at the screen VERUS shopstream compatible and will not do anything else. We have tried removing the battery. No good. Please help us, customer service is closed for New Year's and we need this fixed today.
                If it is "stuck" at the "V" or "Shopstream" screen... Wait! Do you notice the hard drive led flickering? It is probably doing a hard drive checkdisk and can take up to an hour. A simple explanation is that the computer saw some issues on the hard drive when starting up and is trying to correct itself. This can happen if the tool isn't properly shut down, critical system files are corrupted or if the tool has a virus.

Comment

• EBI Webmaster
                  Administrator
                  • Sep 2006

CPU Battery Reset

Originally posted by jrorl63
                  If it is "stuck" at the "V" or "Shopstream" screen... Wait! Do you notice the hard drive led flickering? It is probably doing a hard drive checkdisk and can take up to an hour. A simple explanation is that the computer saw some issues on the hard drive when starting up and is trying to correct itself. This can happen if the tool isn't properly shut down, critical system files are corrupted or if the tool has a virus.
                  jrorl63 is correct, but it could take several hours, and the V screen would hide a chkdsk operation. If it is in this mode, the HD light will be flickering.

Another thing to try if the HD light is not blinking.
                  Take the battery out, and disconnect the AC power. Let the unit sit for 5 minutes. Plug in the AC power ONLY. Press the power button. If it boots ok, the comm between the battery and the bios was hung. Plug in the battery while powered up. Go to Control Panel/Power Options/Battery Meter.

If you see a red hash through the battery, or verbage like, unknown for the battery, the battery is hosed.

If the battery shows ok and this Verus has only one USB port in the top, there is a field fix for this.

PM me if this is the case, and I will guide you to the fix.

Roy
                  http://askatech.snapon.com

Comment

• Add323
                    • Aug 2019

Originally posted by EBI Webmaster
                    jrorl63 is correct, but it could take several hours, and the V screen would hide a chkdsk operation. If it is in this mode, the HD light will be flickering.

Another thing to try if the HD light is not blinking.
                    Take the battery out, and disconnect the AC power. Let the unit sit for 5 minutes. Plug in the AC power ONLY. Press the power button. If it boots ok, the comm between the battery and the bios was hung. Plug in the battery while powered up. Go to Control Panel/Power Options/Battery Meter.

If you see a red hash through the battery, or verbage like, unknown for the battery, the battery is hosed.

PM me if this is the case, and I will guide you to the fix.

Roy
                    Hi Roy can you plz help me with this problem. PM me if this is the case, "guide you to the fix"

Hi Roy can you pm me this

Comment

Working...