X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarvissamuel
    Jarvissamuel
    • Oct 2006

SIA 3000 VS Modis

Hello I am not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes.

I am considering an the snap on data aquisition module. I talked to a tech rep? (I am not sure) and apparently a demo is not available to him. We where discussing it and he mentioned the modis is faster than the sia 3000. Does anyone know that actual difference between the two?

Anyone using the snap on usb scope? What are you likes / dislikes

In my curiousities about the scope I came across a couple of part numbers. I am guessing they are sun part numbers since they are not good SO part numbers. One is for the owners manual EAZ0007E84A, and the software disc 3-56127B30C1. I was hoping that if a demo was not available I could pickup these if not too expensive to help me determine if this unit might be right for me. Any ideas if and where I might be able to aquire these?

I realize the software disc will probably need the hardware but I was hoping there might be a demo mode like some of the other pc interface scopes on the market.

Thank in advance Sam
  • Transman
    SDE Member
    • Oct 2006

Sam, All I can tell you is of my experience. It took me awhile to get off the cash for the Modis and I was afraid I spent too much for what it does. However, every day i find more things that it does that I probably will be 100 years old and still finding neat things that it can do. Prior to the Modis, I had the "Red Brick" and a Vantage meter. With those 2 pieces of equipment, I could damn near diagnose anything but the Modis was the single best investment I think I made since I bought my shop.
    To add, I cannot tell you anything about the SA 3000 and I don't even know who makes it but i can say that I don't think you could be disappointed in the Modis, especially after getting the 6.2 software installed.
    I will recommend the extra battery and a charger, the battery always seems to run down in the middle of something and you just swap it with the charged one and away you go. Hope this helps some and your tech rep should be able to get you a demo modis to try for a week or so. Transman
    We can be right or we can be wrong, But we don't learn from being right!

Comment

• Nick
      • Oct 2006

I think the SIA 3000 is the same scope that is in the Modis. Only difference is it's PC based. The buffer and sample rate specs are the same as the Modis. At this point I like having a hand held scope to use. Rather than dragging a laptop and an interface module on a test drive.

The Modis has not let me down yet when it comes to it's scope. Once you get over the price it's smooth sailing. Like Transman said...
      Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• MasterWrench
        • Oct 2006

I do not know anything about the SIA 3000, but I do know that of all the tools I have, my MODIS is the one I use EVERY day. Pricey, yes, but extremely useful. The only limits with the scope is you imagination.

Mine gets pulled out and plugged in first thing in the morning so the battery stays charged. I also have an extra battery and a charger.

I do not think you will be disappointed if you decide to buy one....
        MasterWrench

Comment

• INLANDSMOG
          Banned
          • Oct 2006

I will be getting the demo soon and will report findings as soon as I can.

Comment

• Andy
            • Feb 2007

SIA3000 Vs Modis

Yes your right, the SAI3000 IS the scope side of the Modis, set up, funtionality all the same.
            I think it was aimed at the workshop that already has a manufacture diagnostic tool but lack the scope capability.
            It compliments a PC run Gas analyser with a screen.

However, if you NEED further Diagnostics in the palm of your hand the Modis wins hands down.

Good luck, hope you enjoy your demo.

Comment

Working...