What do you use your pressure/vacuum transducer for?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

All excellent screen shots! Where and how was transducer installed?

Steve

Comment

• fueltrim01
      • Apr 2008

I used my SO compression tester, remove the valve from the hose your going to use, remove the coupler from the gauge, buy adaptor to fit between pressure sensor and coupler (most parts stores) set up modis to 200ms to start with and capture wave. JMO it's a very good way to see cam timming.

Comment

• john322
        • Dec 2008

what company can you buy the drill,tap.and plug,o2 test port kit

Comment

• kkperf
          • Nov 2007

pressure transducer

I have used mine as #7 Jeffery does, also to let you know its easy to hook the transducer to your fuel pressure gauge.

Comment

• StuartW
            • May 2009

Vacuum Transducer Question

I have a vacuum transducer for my (old) Vantage. It's not very interesting for engine vacuum on the Vantage, but I'm wondering if the transducer itself responds fast enough to see individual cylinder intake strokes if it was hooked to a faster platform (I have a Fluke 'scope and I'm considering a Verus.) I've thought about hooking it to my 'scope to find out, but haven't had the time to rig up a cable and battery.

BTW, if it isn't fast enough, I've also thought about cobbling up my own. I found a tranducer
            Best used when the signal must be transmitted long distances. It is not uncommon to use these transducers in applications where the lead wire must be 1000 feet or more.

that claims to have 2ms response time, which should be good enough to show vacuum related problems on individual cylinders.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• DougMontgomery
              • Jul 2007

Staurt,

THe response time of the transducer at a certain point is not as important as the diameter & length of compression hose.

I have two transducers that I sell with my interface kit. A < 500 uS & <2 mS Packard 3 pin connector (this is the same pin-out as your current Snap-On transducers and will work with your current cabling). I see ver y little if any difference at all between the two.

There is a point when people can try an over-analyze a waveform. The < 2 mS works great for me.

HTH's

Comment

Working...