Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr Dave
    • Nov 2010

In cylinder pressure transducer testing overlay

I'm using the zues.I'm interested in more info on a downloadable overlay or in cylinder pressure testing . I saw someone posted on in a old post last year. Can I downloaded it to my newer pc Windows 10 and send a capture from the zue s to my pc a view it on my desk top pc ? What's involved to get started?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Dave

I believe most of the information you need is in the post I think you are referring to

Tips, tricks, questions and suggestions... Discuss Instrumentation and information for testing vehicles at the component level.

Download the program on a Windows 10 machine (the program only works on Windows 10) You already have the scope in the Zeus, you will need a 500 psi pressure transducer, compression gauge hose set and this pressure transducer adapter

That is the equipment you need. I would also recommend purchasing the In cylinder pressure testing video put out by AVI, Bernie Thompson does the video and has a lot of great information in it. Again just like the First Look Sensor by SenX it has a big learning curve.

I had started that Thread in hopes that other members who actually use this equipment would post some of their uses and case studies, instead all I got was a member quoting YouTube and Scanner Danner videos. Due to my work load and life in general I didn't have the patience to keep going round robin with that member. Restricted exhaust is only one of the many things that In Cylinder Pressure testing can show and it doesn't matter what make the vehicle is. It can show, valve timing that is off, burnt valves etc, it is a very useful test. If you do get the equipment and start doing this PLEASE post some of the faults that you find using it.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve6911; 02-21-2019, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Dr Dave
      • Nov 2010

Whats needed to download on pc

Cool that looks like what I,m looking for , what is required to down load zues capture to my pc for overlay . is it just shop stream . I have a new pc that I haven't tried to download any snaon stuff to .

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Shop Stream Connect should be downloaded on your PC see page 155 of your users manual.

Comment

Working...