Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flintwrench69
    • Aug 2007

2004 Dodge Intrepid Cam sensor problem

Got a Dodge Intrepid, 2.7 setting a P0344 intermittent loss of cam sensor signal. Cam offset is 5 degrees on startup. Doesnt set the code until you drive 20 miles. I got 2 cam sensor waveform saves. 1 from a 2002 with no problem, & the problem vehicle 2004 Intrepid. Looks like the cam square wave is wider than it should be. Both vehicles have the same cam sprocket trigger wheel part number according to Chryslers website. The First screen save is from the 02 & is a good one. I am not sure about the second, it doesnt look right.

Intrepid.ShopStreamConnectData_copy:C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\ShopStream\Vantage Pro Files\User006_00101091450.LSP

ShopStreamConnectData_copy:C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\ShopStream\Vantage Pro Files\User007_00101092726.LSP
  • Nick
    • Oct 2006

A few questions. Is this the original engine? Has any related work been performed?

In the mean time I am going to try to find a good waveform I might have kicking around. You file uploads did not work.
    Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• Joshua Covington
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Nick
      ...file uploads did not work.
      flintwrench,

when you "reply to" or create a "new post", you can attach files by using the "Manage Attachments" button.

Hit "reply" then scroll down a little and you should be able to see it.
      Attached Files
      Snap-on Diagnostics
      Program Manager

Comment

• Nick
        • Oct 2006

Here is a known good wave form for the 2.7 cmp and ckp. CMP is on the bottom.
        Attached Files
        Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• rotary
          • Mar 2009

may i ask what ended up being the problem with the car?

Comment

• jeffreyg
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by rotary
            may i ask what ended up being the problem with the car?
            I don't think you'll get a response from the original poster. If you'll notice his join date in the right conner is Aug 07 and he only has 1 post highly un-likely he visits this site. You may want to put a new post up, or to get more responses download SSC/AATL and get a subscription and post there. Here is the link. http://diagnostics.snapon.com/display/1551.nws

Comment

• rotary
              • Mar 2009

i'm a new member and just learning how to use all this new stuff.
              recently bought a old used modis and i actually downloaded shopstream connect already.
              thank you though.
              i went on the askatech and searched in the waveform library but couldn't find a bad waveform.
              anyone seen anything like it?
              yellow is cmp
              green is ckp
              red is amp probe at fuse box feeding inj and coils
              Attached Files

Comment

• rotary
                • Mar 2009

thank you all for your help. too many replies that i couldn't get through all of them. very welcoming to newbies...

Comment

• jforenz
                  • Apr 2009

Help Me Please !!!!!!!

I am a newbie also and not even sure I'm in the right spot.
                  We have a problem with a 1996 Ford Contour. Someone swapped engines in it and it has a stalling problem. It does run better with the MAF disconnected, but we checked the circuts and even tried replacing it and there was no change.
                  I have a recording on a thumb drive, that I'm going to try to attach.
                  Thanks.
                  Ps. Sorry if I'm in the wrong spot or doing the wrong thing
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Manic Mechanic
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by jforenz
                    I am a newbie also and not even sure I'm in the right spot.
                    We have a problem with a 1996 Ford Contour. Someone swapped engines in it and it has a stalling problem. It does run better with the MAF disconnected, but we checked the circuts and even tried replacing it and there was no change.
                    I have a recording on a thumb drive, that I'm going to try to attach.
                    Thanks.
                    Ps. Sorry if I'm in the wrong spot or doing the wrong thing
                    You need to start a new Post with this , As it is in a running thread on Chrysler cam sensor problems you may not get a reply from someone who is a Ford expert
                    Manic Mechanic

Comment

• samsmith
                      • Jul 2011

i got this site, where i find tips and techniques on hot to fix my dodge. i got it from here, Dodge repair. maybe if someone here's need tips and techniques on how to repair their dodge you can check out that site..

Comment

• crackerclicker
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by rotary
                        i'm a new member and just learning how to use all this new stuff.
                        recently bought a old used modis and i actually downloaded shopstream connect already.
                        thank you though.
                        i went on the askatech and searched in the waveform library but couldn't find a bad waveform.
                        anyone seen anything like it?
                        yellow is cmp
                        green is ckp
                        red is amp probe at fuse box feeding inj and coils
                        your wave clearly shows mistriggering. your arrows are pointing at the problem. now you just gotta find out why . weak sensor, faulty reluctor, air gap? what did you find?

Comment

Working...