Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • automasters.org
    • Oct 2008

00 Civic ,bad Fuel Pump, Amp Waveform

FOUND BAD FUEL PUMP LOW AMPS CUSTOMER DENIED PUMP REPLACEMENT.CAR DROVE FOR ANOTHER THREE MONTHS BEFORE IT WAS TOWED IN FOR PUMP FAILURE FLATLINED
    Attached Files
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

We recently had a problem with a fuel system on a Peugeot, my scanner proved the fuel system had a problem which then required investigations, but then Bosch came through the door the following day with a demo on one of their KTS diagnostic hand held units, forgot the model, they advised that the fuel pump/main relay was faulty.

Our techs changed it today, I have the old one which I am going to load test it to see if it breaks down. I am cureous how the KTS can diagnose the relay as the actualy fault in the circuit, which it may do but i am just wondering how it would determine it.

UK David

Comment

• eddiesverus
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by David Green
      We recently had a problem with a fuel system on a Peugeot, my scanner proved the fuel system had a problem which then required investigations, but then Bosch came through the door the following day with a demo on one of their KTS diagnostic hand held units, forgot the model, they advised that the fuel pump/main relay was faulty.

Our techs changed it today, I have the old one which I am going to load test it to see if it breaks down. I am cureous how the KTS can diagnose the relay as the actualy fault in the circuit, which it may do but i am just wondering how it would determine it.

UK David
      The Bosch KTS is a self contained Database for Euros similar to the SnapOn Troubleshooter. It has a database for the most common failures and it probably has a built in test to check the current draw or voltage drop in the circuit. Iv'e used the KTS before and found it has very good repair info but I don't specialize in Euros and I don't have it..it would be a good investment if you specialize in Euro vehicles though.
      Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• hologram
        • Mar 2010

peugot pump

hi there as i am driven mad with these vehicles (uk auto electrician)
        the engine ecu has a built it fuel pump monitering circit and there for knows when there is a circit fault or developing problem.
        the ecu applies a very low current down the pump circit and if the values dont match the data base flags up a code (fuel pump relay circit)
        hope that helps
        martin

Comment

Working...