Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Lab Scope & Component Level Testing
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 12-09-2007, 07:36 AM

beamerdr Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default 100 psi pressure/vacuum sensor

I have a EEPV302AL pressure /vacuum sensor http://diagnostics.snapon.com/display/1252.nws That I would like to check compression wave forms with. As per the Bernie Thompson article http://www.automotivetestsolutions.c...ersarticle.htm
I don?t need the exact pressures, just a accurate representation of the wave form. My question is has any body tried this with this sensor? And will it be damaged by over pressure that may accrue?
Thanks Scott

Last edited by beamerdr; 12-09-2007 at 07:42 AM..
Old 12-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Jarvissamuel

jarvissamuel Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

It can work for this test but the 500psi transcducer is a safer bet. keep in mind most vehicles test well over 100psi on a traditional compression gauge

Sam
Old 12-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Administrator

EBI Webmaster Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamerdr View Post
I have a EEPV302AL pressure /vacuum sensor http://diagnostics.snapon.com/display/1252.nws That I would like to check compression wave forms with. As per the Bernie Thompson article http://www.automotivetestsolutions.c...ersarticle.htm
I don?t need the exact pressures, just a accurate representation of the wave form. My question is has any body tried this with this sensor? And will it be damaged by over pressure that may accrue?
Thanks Scott

Here is an example that Carl B shared with us on another thread. (http://askatech.autorepairdata.com/f...read.php?t=184) I'm am sure some of the members will share more with you.

RunningComp.gif
EBI Web Operations Admin
http://askatech.snapon.com
Old 12-09-2007, 08:46 PM

KM@PROAUTOTECH Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Psi

Of the three psi transducers, I use 100 psi for vac. and fuel psi tests, I use the 500 psi for compression.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:22 PM

lesback Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default 500 PSI Transducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM@PROAUTOTECH View Post
Of the three psi transducers, I use 100 psi for vac. and fuel psi tests, I use the 500 psi for compression.
Hi Kevin,
Can the 500 psi transducer read negative pressure as would be needed to capture a running compression test waveform to check valve timing. I asked Jim Washebeck and he told me that he didn't think it could, he was going to check and get back to me but so far hasn't. I have used my 100 psi transducer and so far I have not damage it as running compression is low enough and I make sure to keep the throttle closed, however those first few pumps before it starts and intake vacuum builds are well in excess of it’s 100 psi rating.

By the way we are in the middle of a blizzard, it's snowing sideways & is going to get down to about -12 deg. tonight so just be glad we don't have you up here doing a class right now. Of course we could always get you out on the snowmobile trails and show you how to have in the snow
Old 01-21-2008, 10:43 AM

tenfooter Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

I think you might have better service from the fluke PV350 transducer it reads pressure to 350 psi and vacuum below 20 inHG. I hope I don't get kicked of here
Old 01-21-2008, 11:15 AM

MasterWrench Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

In the description it says the pressure transducers also measure vacuum but does not give a specification as to how much.....http://buy1.snapon.com/products/diag...t_xdcr_500.asp

Maybe a call to tech support or someone here may be able to answer that for us....

I have the pressure transducers, all 3 of them, but have yet to use any of them in the 4 or so years I have had my MODIS. Seems simpler to use a vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, but might actually try them out someday.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:41 PM

robert nettles Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Does the EEP302AL read in voltage or someting else.I'm trying to use it to test fuel pressure with my old Vantage MT2400 and I don't even know what screen I need to use.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Banned

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Can you hook it to regulated air pressure you can see what the air pressure reads at gauge and start at zero and work your way up to 100 psi and select a volt scale on the vantage and note the voltage readings with pressure incrementally increased by 10psi and note the voltage and do the math I guess.