Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronald316
    • Oct 2018

can t scan

has any one had this problem iwent to scan a 2006 dodge ram 1500 won t scan it.use my launch scan no problem.friday i scaned a 2006 ford f350 6.0 litre diesel. wont scan again i use my launch scans it no problem.what the hell 15.000.00 tool and can t do a simple job.i wish i never seen this tool they keep showing there guided test and half the time there s no available test available
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Please provide VIN #s and more information about exactly what modules in the vehicle you could not communicate with , so engineering can investigate whether it is just random software in your scanner or an actual issue they'll have to address in the next update. If it is something that can damage a vehicle or cause liability to the company , it will get addressed for free with a patch. You ever hear of Rolling Black outs? My ears are twitching big time under my foil hat , so I suspect there is some sort of wheel of misfortune where at any given time someone is going to hit on something that doesn't work that still works fine for most, thus a need to always need to buy the next update to see if the problem is fixed.

Comment

• ronald316
      • Oct 2018

both were engine scans.on the 06ram 1500 i called snap on tech support and they blame the truck

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Both were engine scans. On the 06ram 1500, I called snap on tech support, and they blamed the truck.
        Did you fail to mention to them that the Launch scanner communicated fine with both vehicles?
        Did the Zeus at least work in generic OBD2 code scanner mode on the vehicles in question? Sometimes I wonder if some of the OE car companies do engine reflash calibration updates that might include slight changes to communication protocol recognition where it may no longer want to communicate with an aftermarket scantool from companies that stop paying extorted fees for licensing
        Last edited by Witsend; 03-16-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
          Sometimes I wonder if some of the OE car companies do engine reflash calibration updates that might include slight changes to communication protocol recognition where it may no longer want to communicate with an aftermarket scantool from companies that stop paying extorted fees for licensing
          On the contrary,the OEMs often have software updates to help generic scan tools work better with their software.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

On the contrary,the OEMs often have software updates to help generic scan tools work better with their software.
            I don't see Secure Gateway being implemented on their newer vehicles as a move to accommodate aftermarket scan tools, so what's to keep them from running dealership oil change specials with complementary vehicle scans that changes the communication coding slightly , where the next shop that works on the vehicle can only communicate in generic OBD2 mode and leaves techs using aftermarket scan tools scratching their heads, and the customer having to resort to the dealer. Next thing be ransomware with a credit card chip reader on our scantools

Comment

• GypsyR
              • Jul 2017

Our Zeus wouldn't scan the other day. Come to find out someone had managed to bend one of the pins in the DLC fob. Thankfully I was able to straighten it.

I've had no other issues with Dodge trucks around that year.

Comment

• Glide
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
                I don't see Secure Gateway being implemented on their newer vehicles as a move to accommodate aftermarket scan toolst
                I agree with that.In my mind it flies in the face of R2R.

Comment

• Wheel
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Glide
                  I agree with that.In my mind it flies in the face of R2R.
                  Yep, it needs to be stopped right now and the car owners, aftermarket, and the government need to do whatever it takes to stop it cold. A company doing something like this should be driven out of business permanently. The battle lines have been drawn.
                  You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Yep, it needs to be stopped right now and the car owners, aftermarket, and the government need to do whatever it takes to stop it cold. A company doing something like this should be driven out of business permanently. The battle lines have been drawn.
                    I think driven out of business permanently be a little harsh, but if there really are customers out there that are gullible enough to believe that there is likely an an evil computer geek is going to hack into their Grand Cherokee and take control and run their family vehicle off the road , then they can opt not to get the SGM Bypass Recall done and the security PINs, besides their radio and navigation system antitheft codes provided to owners anytime free of charge after the vehicles are out of bumper to bumper warranty coverage.

Comment

• eddie8
                      • Mar 2008

Just like any new product that comes out...it takes time but as each update comes out it gets better and better.
                      I remember the very first version of the original Modis....do I need to say more?
                      Edwin Hazzard
                      Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• GypsyR
                        • Jul 2017

What do you mean "remember"? I still have an original Modis.

Though it's been on home duty a couple of years now.

Comment

• eddie8
                          • Mar 2008

Loved that tool..kinda slow but built proof
                          Edwin Hazzard
                          Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• BRIAN617
                            • Dec 2016

Still have our 4 channel Modis too.

Comment

• ronald316
                              • Oct 2018

Originally posted by BRIAN617
                              Still have our 4 channel Modis too.
                              the point i was making is my zeus wound t scan it but my launch x431 did

Comment

Working...