Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BRIANOC
    • Apr 2012

2008 liberty abs module initialize

tried every which way to run initialize module and it keeps failing / no codes / new module .. any body seen this before maybe im just stupid or is it time to give up on snap on ???
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

tried every which way to run initialize module and it keeps failing / no codes / new module .. any body seen this before maybe im just stupid or is it time to give up on snap on ???
    I think if it is a new module it is not plug and play, and may need to be programmed off a laptop with a J-box. Initializing I think is like parameter reset to get all the modules talking to each other (providing it already is programmed and ready to go) (Signed initials aren't enough . You'll need the Pope's entire signature with blessing and a stamp from FCA before Snappy will put Programmable module installation in tool .
    Try Programmable Module Installation if the tool has the function . You will need to start with the old module that is still able to communicate for the scanner to extract information out of the original module.
    If the Zeus doesn't have see if you can try an @utel or Luanch to see if it is offered.
    Last edited by Witsend; 06-03-2019, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• BRIANOC
      • Apr 2012

2008 liberty abs /

Well i had to get my computer guy to run the initialization for me and it worked no problem / i think snap on dose not know how to outline the procedure to follow the way to use there tool / / yep only out $100 bucs …

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Well i had to get my computer guy to run the initialization for me and it worked no problem / i think snap on dose not know how to outline the procedure to follow the way to use there tool / / yep only out $100 bucs …
        Well , did he come and figure out the correct procedure and performed it with the Zeus or did he do it via a laptop PC and jbox with a Chrysler subscription?

Comment

• BRIANOC
          • Apr 2012

2008 liberty abs /

he used a chrsyler tool in 2 minutes done // I called snap on tech line the woman I got hung the phone up on me / called back another so called tech and gave me no help what so ever .. they make a product ,, avery expensive product and customer support is horrible. point being the tech said it should do it and maybe he should have walked me through it bjt didn't . so I have a very sour taste in mouth about snap on / oh and by the way my dealer showed up here this morning he got an ear full..

Comment

Working...