Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dl87z28
    • Jan 2011

ShopStream Connect and Windows Vista

I recently attempted to use SSC on my Vista based shop laptop to use with my Solus Pro and though it seemed to install correctly it will only see my Solus when the "connect to PC" screen is showing on the Solus. As soon as I hit the power button to return to regular use after linking up My PC loses the Solus and nothing works. Is there a patch for this problem? The website says there is an update for this but I can't find it.
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by dl87z28
    I recently attempted to use SSC on my Vista based shop laptop to use with my Solus Pro and though it seemed to install correctly it will only see my Solus when the "connect to PC" screen is showing on the Solus. As soon as I hit the power button to return to regular use after linking up My PC loses the Solus and nothing works. Is there a patch for this problem? The website says there is an update for this but I can't find it.
    The Solus Pro must be in the "Connect to PC mode" for the PC to be able to see it. The software guys refer to this as mass storage mode.
    When you hit the power button to return to regular use, the SP comes out of the "Connect to PC" mode and the PC will no longer be able to access it.

This is much like connecting a camera to your PC to transfer pictures.
    When you connect the camera to the PC, it may ask if you want to connect to the PC. If you answer Yes, it goes into a mode where the PC can access the pictures stored on it, but it can't be used to take pictures while in this mode.

If you would like to be able to transfer data to the PC without putting the SP into "Connect to PC" mode, the easiest way will be to set the SP to save the data to a CF or USB stick, remove it from the SP, then connect it to the PC you want to transfer the data to. It's quick and easy.

Comment

Working...