ssc will not install!!!! arggghhhh!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticunicorn66
    • Feb 2012

hefaus; Is the version of Windows XP Pro that you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit?

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

SSC got a fix to install with 64bit OS. Read this:
      This forum is intended for discussions about Snap-on Diagnostic's Free software. ShopStream Connect
      S. Breland

Comment

• mysticunicorn66
        • Feb 2012

The computer that I am having problems running ShopStream Connect on has Windows XP Professional 32-bit OS. I can download and install the 32-bit ShopStream Connect installer, but when it launches after the install, it is giving me an error and will not launch. The computer had .NET Framework 2 SP2 on it as well and meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for the program per the install instructions.

Just for kicks, I tried using both the 32-bit installer on a Windows 7 SP 1 32-bit OS computer that exceeds the minimum system requirements. It downloaded, installed, and launched just fine.

I also tried using the 64-bit installer on a Windows 7 SP1 64-bit OS that exceeds the minimum system requirements. It too downloaded, installed, and launched just fine.

I just can get the program to run on this XP computer. Only thing I know to do is to try downloading the most recent critical updates (maybe an issue with one of the updates on it now??) to see if that helps. I have a message in to their Customer Care people, but have yet to hear back from them.

Comment

• eddiesverus
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mysticunicorn66
          The computer that I am having problems running ShopStream Connect on has Windows XP Professional 32-bit OS. I can download and install the 32-bit ShopStream Connect installer, but when it launches after the install, it is giving me an error and will not launch. The computer had .NET Framework 2 SP2 on it as well and meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for the program per the install instructions.

Just for kicks, I tried using both the 32-bit installer on a Windows 7 SP 1 32-bit OS computer that exceeds the minimum system requirements. It downloaded, installed, and launched just fine.

I also tried using the 64-bit installer on a Windows 7 SP1 64-bit OS that exceeds the minimum system requirements. It too downloaded, installed, and launched just fine.

I just can get the program to run on this XP computer. Only thing I know to do is to try downloading the most recent critical updates (maybe an issue with one of the updates on it now??) to see if that helps. I have a message in to their Customer Care people, but have yet to hear back from them.
          I have WindowsXP Pro 32bit, and on my Verus which it uses WindowsXP Embeded 32bit SP3. I have Installed SSC without any issues on all my PC's. I would think that your problem is in with your PC. Possibly corrupted OS files or Other files that don't let SCC to install correctly. I've had these types of troubles before with other programs and repairing the OS was the only fix. I would recommend you to reinstall windows, better yet to back up all your files, and reformat your Hard Drive. Then reinstall Windows or use your PC's OE manufactuers restore CD to reimage or restore you PC. Stop fighting your PC and frustrating yourself. Good luck.
          Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• mysticunicorn66
            • Feb 2012

Tried running Windows updates on the computer, but it wouldn't do it and gave me an error message. It looks as though there is a problem with the OS. Trying to find out what is specifically wrong with it before having to redo the pc from scratch though.

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

Tried running Windows updates on the computer, but it wouldn't do it and gave me an error message. It looks as though there is a problem with the OS. Trying to find out what is specifically wrong with it before having to redo the pc from scratch though.
              Can you post a screenshot of the Windows update error message?
              S. Breland

Comment

• mysticunicorn66
                • Feb 2012

See attached the error number in case you can't read it is 0x800A0007
                Attached Files

Comment

• sbreland73
                  • Jan 2009

I would have to agree with Eddie, looks like you may have an OS issue, so a fresh install may be your only option. I can't say for sure this will cure your SSC issue, but it should correct your Windows problem. I prefer to make a disk image after doing an OS install, then another after all updates/patches have been installed. This way, if I have a problem in the future, I can go back to "fresh" without doing the whole re-install again. Kinda like "system restore" but better. HTH and good luck.
                  S. Breland

Comment

• mysticunicorn66
                    • Feb 2012

I have tried this on multiple computers (in different labs, and different models of computers)--all have Winodws XP SP3-32 bit OS and also exceed the minimum specifications. The program will try to launch and gets to the ShopStream Connect splash screen. It hangs on it for a few seconds and then generates an error (attached). Then once I click OK on it, program stops running. I can get the darn thing to run just fine on a Windows 7 SP1 -32 bit OS computer, but not on any XP computers. arrghh
                    Attached Files

Comment

• sbreland73
                      • Jan 2009

I have tried this on multiple computers (in different labs, and different models of computers)--all have Winodws XP SP3-32 bit OS and also exceed the minimum specifications. The program will try to launch and gets to the ShopStream Connect splash screen. It hangs on it for a few seconds and then generates an error (attached). Then once I click OK on it, program stops running. I can get the darn thing to run just fine on a Windows 7 SP1 -32 bit OS computer, but not on any XP computers. arrghh
                      I see in the error message : P9 unauthorized access. Are these company computers? Do you have admin rights to install and use software? Have you tried on a computer that you own? Please give us more details about the computers you are trying to install SSC on. If they are in fact company/school computers, the you need to contact your IT department to resolve this issue. This may also explain you Windows Update issue. SSC DOES work on XP, I have it on my Verus, and an old crusty DELL GX260 here at the shop.
                      S. Breland

Comment

• mysticunicorn66
                        • Feb 2012

These are school computers. They are connected to the domain server. The local administrator account on the computers, which I logged in as on the computer to do the install and try to run this program) does have rights to install software, remove software, join and disjoin the domain, change computer names, add/remove users, to do Windows updates, modify the registry, etc. So, I don't think rights are an issue for the administrator user on these computers. These pcs do have McAfee AntiVirus Enterprise 8.7.0i on them. I have disabled Access protection and the On Access Scanner, and I still can't get the program to run. I have the same antivirus program (same update definitions applied) on my Windows 7 computer (also on the domain) and the program runs fine with McAfee on and Access Protection and On Access Scan both enabled, so I don't think that is an issue. I can run Windows updates on other Windows XP computers just fine with the administrator account. I am thinking that the Windows update issue is related to something on these specific computers that is preventing it from running. I have no clue as to why it is not cooperating in any of the Windows XP computers that I have tried this on though.

Comment

• sbreland73
                          • Jan 2009

Contact your school IT department for assistance.
                          S. Breland

Comment

Working...