Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rich1976
    • Apr 2011

shopstream problems

hi all, i am having a real problem installing ssc on my laptop, i have installed on a different pc and a little netbook both using windows xp so i know there is not a current problem with the download file itself. the trouble i am getting is as follows: i can download the setup file no problem but when it comes to installing the software my troubles begin, my install shield wizard goes through its process and the installation begins but within 20 secs i get a message saying that the installation has prematurley ended and the software has not installed please try again later, it is annoying the hell out of me as i really want to gain the benefits from using it any help tips or ideas would help me out no end.

i am running a 64 bit windows 7 system and was under the impression that the compatability problems had been solved .... maybe not so??????
    i have tried installing it through a 32 bit internet explorer still the same and i have managed to install it on a virtualbox program which is windows xp but cannot open it when clicking on the desktop icon. i am really stuck here so please give me some ideas, many thanks.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

I don't think the 64-bit O/S problems have been resolved yet.
    Some guys have found a method to emulate the 32-bit sysyem but when I recently picked up a Toshiba, I had the option of 32-bit or 64-bit and because I knew the 64 might have issues running older software, i selected the 32-bit.
    Some of the other fellows have a couple of methods. Hope they chime in or you could check out IATN.
    SSC is a really good companion to the Snappy tools.

Comment

• Jay G.
      Administrator
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by rich1976
      hi all, i am having a real problem installing ssc on my laptop, i have installed on a different pc and a little netbook both using windows xp so i know there is not a current problem with the download file itself. the trouble i am getting is as follows: i can download the setup file no problem but when it comes to installing the software my troubles begin, my install shield wizard goes through its process and the installation begins but within 20 secs i get a message saying that the installation has prematurley ended and the software has not installed please try again later, it is annoying the hell out of me as i really want to gain the benefits from using it any help tips or ideas would help me out no end.

i am running a 64 bit windows 7 system and was under the impression that the compatability problems had been solved .... maybe not so??????
      i have tried installing it through a 32 bit internet explorer still the same and i have managed to install it on a virtualbox program which is windows xp but cannot open it when clicking on the desktop icon. i am really stuck here so please give me some ideas, many thanks.
      We haven't released the fix for windows 7 64 bit.

Comment

• rich1976
        • Apr 2011

problem sorted i have swapped my laptop for the mrs's one but it is of lesser spec but it has windows 7 32bit and i now have shopstream!!!!! how long will the 64 bit fix bit be????? i can have my laptop back then, thanks for your help people

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by rich1976
          problem sorted i have swapped my laptop for the mrs's one but it is of lesser spec but it has windows 7 32bit and i now have shopstream!!!!! how long will the 64 bit fix bit be????? i can have my laptop back then, thanks for your help people
          Don't hold your breath-!!! SnapOn thinks SSC is a MINOR feature. They have no idea how integral it is to us users. In fact, without SSC's capability to save, store and review files, screen shots & movies, I wouldn't have even considered the SnapOn equipment I did purchase in the first place.
          For a while there, it didn't work at all-!!!

With 10.4 being such a clusterXXXX (there 'NetNanny I did it for you) and 11.2 having problems, they don't think SSC should get any attention right now.
          Glad you're able to use it now.
          Suggestion.....save everything you can to your hard drive for future reference. Use either customer name, vehicle make or VIN as your first folder. Whatever works best for you. Then subfolders as you like.
          That way, you can look at what the vehicles were doing, either known good or known bad.

Comment

• rich1976
            • Apr 2011

will do thanks for your help maybe join you on another forum sometime, take care

Comment

Working...