Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbender
    • Feb 2011

How do you properly identify a suzuki?

I have a 08 Suzuki XL7 in the shop and when choosing Suzuki from the vehicle list I am presented with "your selection was not recognized, please choose from one of the possible vehicles below." And of course Suzuki is not listed.
  • jbmart
    • Sep 2009

Snap On doesn't have support for suzuki. You should be able to use the Generic OBDII setting and get basic engine dtcs and maybe data.

Comment

• cbender
      • Feb 2011

Thanks for the info, I guess that is what I was wondering. I did get the code thru generic, p0008 engine position system performance. Off to identifix to research that one. I get disappointed when my high dollar scan tool has no support for a vehicle. Been considering buying a Launch scanner instead of giving snappy more money and investing in euro package for my verdict

Comment

• Snafu
        • Nov 2008

There is talk of Suzuki coming out in the next couple of updates.

I know it does not help for now though.

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

We see about 2 or 3 of those in a year, I have not shed a tear over not being covered, and when we do see them, parts take like over a week to get, so customer just goes away. Subaru on the other hand, is way more popular, I would like to see Subaru added.
          S. Breland

Comment

• Nickb
            DSD
            • Aug 2007

SO has Suburu coverage. It is actually pretty decent also.
            DSD

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

LOL....I'd bet SnapOn's NON-coverage of Suzuki goes back to a pissing contest regarding a big "S"...LOL

Comment

• Skip
                Super Moderator
                • Apr 2008

Many makes are in the first list that SP does not comm with. Someone decided to use the Mitchell vehicle list first. I don't know why, and I don't like it either. I think it has something to do with being integrated with shop key.

Comment

Working...