Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbender
    • Feb 2011

Restore and loose 11.2 license?

I've had problems with my 11.2 update, My verdict had 10.4 in it when I purchased it. My dealer decided to restore my verdict assuring me I would not loose my 11.2 update. Restore seemed to go fine and I checked the software bundle and it was for 11.2, I assumed it was ok. After he left I plugged into a vehicle and was not allowed to build the vehicle because I did not have the appropriate license. This happened on all vehicles I tried to build so my scanner portion was useless. So I had to call the 1-800 tech line and they said my Verdict should of restored back to 10.4 instead of 11.2 so they assumed the restore did'nt work so they walked me thru the restore procedure and once it started they did'nt want wait on the phone for restore to complete. They said it would restore to 10.4 and I would have to call back monday after restore and have a level 2 tech re-install my 11.2 update but the scanner would work fine. Well I've restored this 4 times and it keeps doing the same thing. After restore it says the software bundle is 11.2 but the license says it's 10.4 How is this possible? Why is the software restoring to 11.2 and not 10.4?
  • jonage
    • Oct 2010

I dont know....Nor do I know why my Verdict locks up, freezes on screens, makes me powed down with the power button and will not let me shutdown with windows, stops working in the middle of a job , slows me up, causes my diag time to increase.......its all XXXXXX !!!!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT DONE WITH SNAP-ON AND THIS VERDICT !!!!!
    Last edited by Steve6911; 05-16-2011, 10:08 AM. Reason: Profanity
    theres no car that i can't break.......

Comment

• cbender
      • Feb 2011

Not the answer I was looking for but thanks for the input. My verdict doesn't seem to be as bad as yours.

Comment

• dave-m
        • Feb 2011

I did a restore on our Verdict about 2 weeks after it was updated to 11.2, worked fine without any issues. Still get svchost.exe errors and wireless connection problems, but I expected that with a windows xp based platform. Get a random Atlas crash every now and then that requires a system scan, but it has been greatly reduced since 11.2 and the restore.

Still run into some other glitches here and there, nothing like others have reported and nothing that really slows me down or causes long delays.

Comment

• cbender
          • Feb 2011

thanks for the input dave-m

Comment

Working...