Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • insanecheverolet
    • Apr 2012

Who else is having problems with12.2

I have only owned my Verdict since Feb of 2012 and loved it until pacage 12.2 was installed. Now I have Security icons coming up on start up, The thing has locked up 10 times in the last week, Ford freeze frame doesn't work right, and the screen saver locks it up. This is getting annoying. Anyone else having any of these issues??
  • Eduardo
    Banned
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by insanecheverolet
    I have only owned my Verdict since Feb of 2012 and loved it until pacage 12.2 was installed. Now I have Security icons coming up on start up, The thing has locked up 10 times in the last week, Ford freeze frame doesn't work right, and the screen saver locks it up. This is getting annoying. Anyone else having any of these issues??
    Yeah man, that is Snap on. That is normal. I called customer service and the guy on the phone did not know anything, all he said was "we never had problems with those" then when I ask more questions then he tells me "leave me your phone number, I will let my manager call you when he gets back"...bla bla bla

Comment

• Jay G.
      Administrator
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by insanecheverolet
      What does the message say on the security pop up?

What vehicle did you ID when the unit locked up and what system were you looking?

Eduardo,
      Are you having the exact same issues? If not can you let me know what they are.

Jay

Comment

• insanecheverolet
        • Apr 2012

The pop up says The tool is not licensed and I should call customer care. I called my dealer instead. He installed some sort of patch but it did nothing for the problem. When this comes up I tap on OK and then restart the diagnostic program and it starts up just fine (really annoying!!). As far as it locking up? Pretty much when ever it feels like it. As I said before with 11.4 it worked very well. As soon as 12.2 was installed things started to go bad. My dealer says if it continues he wants to reload 12.2 and see if that helps. I'll give him credit, the boy is trying.
        Last edited by insanecheverolet; 04-26-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• gmworldclass
          • Oct 2010

I have 12.2 and get the same pop up tool is not licensed and I should call customer care

Comment

• insanecheverolet
            • Apr 2012

Really, I was told that this was not a common problem. HMMMMMMMM.

Comment

• gmworldclass
              • Oct 2010

Here is a picture of the problem
              Attached Files

Comment

• DTK-FL
                • May 2012

Originally posted by gmworldclass
                Here is a picture of the problem
                Snap On Replaced my verdict yesterday. My old one had 12.2 and the new one has 12.2 BOTH are doing it. Had it happend even on a Brand New Verdict. Getting annoying.

Comment

• insanecheverolet
                  • Apr 2012

My dealer "reimaged" mine and then reloaded 12.2 and that took care of the problem (Licensing problem). He also put windows back to the factory Snap-on settings. But it would still lock up about every time I would try to use it so my dealer replaced the scanner module. That has helped a lot. I still get error codes concerning data aquisition but the worst I've had to do is reinitialize the vehicle and it works OK. I think it has something to do with the screen saver but I'm not going to change anything until I talk to my dealer. This guy is going above and beyond to try to make me happy. Really good guy.

Comment

• wellsauto
                    • Feb 2012

Having the exact same issue with the "Authorization" pop-up!
                    Trying to re-image it myself. When I get to the restore page I can't click on the "OK" or "Cancel" buttons. No mouse arrow and stylus does nothing. Restarted scanner a few times trying to get it to work. Any suggestions?

Comment

• wellsauto
                      • Feb 2012

Never mind! Just got to use the "arrows" & "enter" buttons on the Verdict itself to scroll through the options.
                      Will let everybody know if this solves the problem. Takes about an hour to recover.

Comment

• insanecheverolet
                        • Apr 2012

That's why I let the dealer do it. I can't screw it up and get blamed for something And I know it's done right. Also it's under warrenty so why should I have to screw with it.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by wellsauto
                          Having the exact same issue with the "Authorization" pop-up!
                          Trying to re-image it myself. When I get to the restore page I can't click on the "OK" or "Cancel" buttons. No mouse arrow and stylus does nothing. Restarted scanner a few times trying to get it to work. Any suggestions?
                          You have to plug a wired key board into the USB port.

Comment

• sbreland73
                            • Jan 2009

You folks with "Authorization" issues need to call the number on the back of your unit. A service tech will ask you to connect your device to the internet, and then direct you to a website, give you a password and ask to take control of your machine, install a file, and your good. These units ship to the franchisees "Locked" so to speak, to try and deter theft. When you dealer "activates" you unit, it should be good, but obviously the authorization file is missing, old, corrupt, etc. This happened to me and my Verus back 2008. Got on the phone, Snapon tech support gave me a new "file", never had that issue since. HTH and keep Rollin'
                            S. Breland

Comment

• Tremblay's Auto
                              • Jul 2012

Losing money

I'm not sure what version I have, but I clicked update and it never booted up again. This is a huge loss. Besides the insane $9000.00 I paid, I had to send it out for repair. The loaner Solus has no european software and I have an Audi that made an appointment last weak. Now I have to reschedule them.
                              Before this it was giving wrong readings and locking up. My next step is to talk to a lawer!

Comment

Working...