• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rich Barton
    • Sep 2007

Vantage Pro Files

Originally posted by David Green
    Hi Hefaus,

Thanks for all your help, but unfortunately whatever is wrong I cannot solve the issue?

The files are there and if I go to open them they will boot up SSC, but the files cannot be pasted or put into the SSC software, nor can they be opend and read

It's got to be something to do with the software in the VP?

Have emailed snap on last week, must be a problem as they didn't even return my email?

Not very nice of them for the money I spend with them

David
    Hi David,

If you can see the files can you put one up on this site.

Then we can see if one of us can open it.

This would tell us if it is a bad file or if there is something on your end not right
    Rich Barton
    C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• David Green
      • Oct 2009

OK will try to upload files

Trying the attachment as displayed on this forum doesn't work, when I go to Shop Stream and open it, all I can see is demo files, all my others don't show

David

Comment

• David Green
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by David Green
        OK will try to upload files

Trying the attachment as displayed on this forum doesn't work, when I go to Shop Stream and open it, all I can see is demo files, all my others don't show

David
        Had a bit more luck in demo mode?

No I have not, still can't upload?

However I have managed to get one file in shop stream?

David

Comment

• hefaus
          • Dec 2007

SSC Transfer Problems

Hi David. Sorry You are having such trouble. Can you read Just Your CF Card with just your computer? What operating system are you using for windows? I use XP PRO and have no trouble with it. If You Can read Your card then use the sample I sent you to open up Shopstream connect folder and just drag what filed you want to the proper place like Vp or SP file folder, once they are there you can open ssc and the files you put there will show. Have Fun. Austin

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Hi David
            I run XP, home and pro on my computers.
            I have stuck a 1-gig Kingston usb in the machine and selected the "save to" to the usb. I also selected jpgs instead of bitmaps.
            I just yank the usb out (when the machine is shut off), stick it into my computer(s), go into windows explorer and copy the saved files into folders I create under the Vantage-Pro-Files\USER\DATA\xxnamexx\xxvehiclexx\xxsystemxx, etc.
            In windows explorer you see the old "dos-tree" which allows you to see the files and it's then easy to see what files were created on which day and time so you can just select the files from that vehicle.
            HTH

Comment

• David Green
              • Oct 2009

Vantage Pro & secondary ignition hook up

Hi anyone please advise.

I have just recieved from my snap on dealer the secondary ignition coil testers, the type I have you just hold them over the top of each coil when testing, there are two in series.

The problem I have here with the VP is that it came with no manual and no CD, as my dealer said there was none with it

I have read the online 2009 info but this does not show how to hook up the accessories, and as others have had problems on this forum thinking incorrect hook up may have damaged the VP, I don't want to end up the same

Can anyone please advise what the correct channel(s) are for this hook up, and which leads to use, I.e. Blue, yellow, green etc.

Thanks

David

Comment

• hefaus
                • Dec 2007

Secondary

Hi David
                You should have a secondary ignition adapter.You Hook Up the cop adapter that is needed and plug into channel one, Yellow. Then black goes to the common ground.You should also have a black lead wire with a clip on it. Attach that to a known good ground. Select component test,then ignition testing,from there secondary ignition test.That will give a preset you then set your machine to direct, one cylinder. Hope this works for you.Have Fun
                Attached Files

Comment

• David Green
                  • Oct 2009

Hi Hefaus

Thanks for the info will give it a go.

David

Comment

• hefaus
                    • Dec 2007

Vantage pro

Hi David Here is what the front of mine looks like when powered up. I have selected the components already, which I got from selecting the car icon. Is your is similar? Can you send a screen shot of yours when powered up? Keep Smiling
                    Attached Files

Comment

• hefaus
                      • Dec 2007

Vantage Pro

Hi David I could not delete last message so I am sending you another pic of when My machine is first powered up and what the whole menu looks like. Hope this helps
                      Attached Files

Comment

• David Green
                        • Oct 2009

Hi Hefaus

I have looked at your illustrations, ours are slightly different in different locations, but after observing yours I have found ours , however, following our instructions 'On Screen' I am asked to connect the Yelow lead to the yellow channel, and the Black lead to the black channel, black clip to ground. (So from this I have located the correct leads). Then the instructions say to connect the 'RCA' lead to the COP adapter.

My problem

The COP adapter I have is not a single plug COP adapter?

The COP adapter I have has the facilities to check 'Two' Spark plug circuits at the same time, i.e. wasted spark systems.

But my misunderstanding is;

When I connect the COP adapter to the RCA lead, what do I do with the opposite end of my COP lead which has a male end plug going nowhere???

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Thanks

David

Comment

• hefaus
                          • Dec 2007

Adapter

Hi David. All the adapters I have just plug into my secondary coil adapter lead. It has the male end and the adapters have a female end..Are you saying that the one you have will do a waste ignition system? Like one positive and one negative? Are you talking about Flag pickups maybe? I am not certain on what you have. What is the snap on number maybe I can try and find out what it looks like from here. Maybe someone else has some ideas.I did have a snap on system that did do waste spark ignition and it had the positive and the negative connections. It was a snap on #eeta309a15 Secondary Ignition adapter.Can you send even a picture of what you have? maybe someone else knows something that can help. Maybe the male end that is not hooked up may be a way of connecting more pickups to so you would be able to do more than 2 cylinders. I do see a 3 flag pickup with a male end left over and it says to connect say 2 to be able to do a six cylinder. The snap on number I am referring to is #eac0056L02a. I hope this is what you are talking about. Keep smiling

Comment

• David Green
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by hefaus
                            Hi David. All the adapters I have just plug into my secondary coil adapter lead. It has the male end and the adapters have a female end..Are you saying that the one you have will do a waste ignition system? Like one positive and one negative? Are you talking about Flag pickups maybe? I am not certain on what you have. What is the snap on number maybe I can try and find out what it looks like from here. Maybe someone else has some ideas.I did have a snap on system that did do waste spark ignition and it had the positive and the negative connections. It was a snap on #eeta309a15 Secondary Ignition adapter.Can you send even a picture of what you have? maybe someone else knows something that can help. Maybe the male end that is not hooked up may be a way of connecting more pickups to so you would be able to do more than 2 cylinders. I do see a 3 flag pickup with a male end left over and it says to connect say 2 to be able to do a six cylinder. The snap on number I am referring to is #eac0056L02a. I hope this is what you are talking about. Keep smiling
                            Hi Hefaus

Yes they are or look like the flag type, part no; EAC0056L01A

David

Comment

• hefaus
                              • Dec 2007

Adapter

Hi David. I have never used a flag type pickup.I would imagine you would get 2 secondary patterns out of it if it does 2 coils at once. If the open end looks like it could cause a problem, maybe just cap it and then start playing with your new toy.I am sure others here have used flag type pickups and could share some hints on using them. The Vantage Pro is fun to learn, just be careful no wires are on hot melting places. Enjoy

Comment

• David Green
                                • Oct 2009

Audi ABS

Have managed to save a file on the VP, Scanlines instructed how to load to SSC, which has worked. If it loads up now, here is a picture of my two rear wheels ABS sensors operation. The GREEN is my Nearside rear wheel, and the Yellow is my offside rear wheel.

Just to be clear;

Nearside is UK Kerbside, on a right hand drive vehicle its the left hand side.
                                Offside is the right hand side drivers side.

David
                                Last edited by David Green; 10-30-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...