Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

TIPM resource

I had replaced a fuel pump in an '11 Ram in attempt to eliminate extended crank/no-start complaint. Initially I connected my trusty manual fuel pressure gauge and monitored pressure while cranking the engine after an overnight cold soak. Gauge remained around 10 PSI well below spec. I didn't think twice about condemning fuel pump with 116,000 miles on it. I swapped in pump and sent truck out. Came back next day with same symptoms. I confirmed pump was not making pressure. I then thought bad new part. After some actual diagnostics and internet research I discovered the TIPMs in this year housed an integral fuel pump relay. After verifying that the internal fuel pump relay was the root cause of my inadequate fuel pump pressure I stumbled upon a work-a-round service part for these TIPMs. Check out verticalvisions.com and they have several products designed to repair Chrysler and VW TIPM issues. I installed their upgraded fuel pump relay circuit board and problem was solved. The instructions were very detailed and easy to understand.
Working...