X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • user00293
    • Dec 2014

Connecting a Bluepoint Micrscan III to PC and running Shopstream

Hello,

I recently purchased a Blue-Point Microscan III (EESC720) scanner and connected to my vehicle, downloaded some DTCs and other information.

Went to connect it to my Windows 10 PC and immediately received an USB device not recognized error which occurs every-time it's plugged in to the PC's usb port.

After installing ShopStream Connect and connecting the Microscan III I still recieve a USB device not recognized error message. When I choose to dowload software updates there is a message that's nothing found.

From the Microscan III while plugged into the USB I've tried to configured the scanner for USB connection mode, from the three icons displayed. Choosing the middle icon I see a message "Do Not Power Down"

The left Icon is "Mass Storage Mode"

The right icon is "Settings" with sub menus

the settings submenus the first ones display is too fast, not quite certain what if for, the second one pressed shows a message "Do Not Power Down" and the third one calibrates the touch screen.

I haven't found any menus for connecting to a PC USB.

Under Shopstream connect I only see a drive C: which is my PC's hard driver there are no other drives I'm able to find with Microscan data.

I've been reading through the Shopstream Users manual however what's in the manual is similar but doesn't quite coincide what I'm seeing from the Microscan III menus when connected to the PC via USB.

My PC running Windows 10 has USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports which I believe all or some may combination USB 2.0/3.0 ports.

I'm wondering why I keep receiving an error message USB device not recognized. If a PC usb configuration of the Microscan III is required how do I go about configuring it to connect?
Working...