• Show
Clear All
  • themechanic
    • Nov 2010

Verdict is not good

Got the new verdict and it is nothing that was expected
    Windows was not a good choice here
    talk about glitches this thing is loaded with them
    constantly locking up error messages the tool cant handle the multitasking you waste more time waiting for it start and restart from errors and lockups. My second one cause maybe the first was defect now maybe second is LOL
    keep your solus pros and vantage pros they are much more productive.
    can use those two and diag the car order part before this thing gets through jumps through the windows. Blue tooth sometimes takes forever to load at times then maybe you gotta start over time is money and this is gonna eat both
  • themechanic
    • Nov 2010

What nobody wanna defend it...

Yes i have owned and used it for over a month and it is frustrating the time you spend waiting for blue tooth or errors or restarts.. internet connection is not.. use at two locations and it doesn't work trust me you will be sorry if you buy it. Very disappointing. All that money all the hype and snap on dropped the ball on this one. Tuesday my tool rep will be in for a substantial return cause i am fed up with it.
    Nobody got anything good to say??? Anybody wanna tell me
    Last edited by themechanic; 11-16-2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• wgixxer813
      • Nov 2010

i agree i am on my second one no support for problems at all!

Comment

• themechanic
        • Nov 2010

Now i got a third one

The only answer is hit the reset button on start up. This takes like 45 minutes and only sets it back to square one then you gotta get on internet down load new updates again. Now he did that and then he encountered a lock up and rebooted it. Then the blue tooth lost itself. He is the snap on diagnostic sales developer. He spent 5 hours trying to find a reason to pass it off. Well he did all the resets updates reloads . And then it locked again on him. So now he took mine and left his demo. I'm so fed up already and embarrassed to say i own this especially what i paid for it. How many times are they going to shine me on already. Come on guys tell me what you think about these or is it just me?
        Last edited by themechanic; 11-16-2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

So, whats wrong with a DLC cable and some personality keys? You Verdict owners should blame OTC and that Pegisys tool. "Ohhhh, OTC has a wireless device, well, we have to make one too!!!!" Sorry to hear about your woes, I hope you all find a solution.
          S. Breland

Comment

• acuratech
            • Nov 2010

my verdict is great u just have to know how use xp and make that work looking in to seeing if i can install windows 7. im on mine right now used it on some twenty cars no issues. i ran msconfig and closed out the auto start for the diag software and few other programs and boot up speed double as far as internet goes had issue with my work connection but that was firewall on my works side changed a few settings for that connection and bam up and running its really windows based u dont know how to use windows very well it can be a bit much

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
              So, whats wrong with a DLC cable and some personality keys?
              Sbreland73
              No problem with the cable, just limits how far you can take the tool from the vehicle, Keys are a dfferent story! Some vehicles need different keys for different systems, there fore with the key system you can't do a complete module scan for codes without going into each module. Older vehicles are not a problem, but try that on a 2008 Caddy you will be there all day. Sometimes errors in one module effect other modules and systems. The OTC Smart cable was a good idea, OTC just didn't get it working well before they released it. On 2000-2003 Toyota Camry's when you clicked read codes it cleared them, took OTC about 2 years to correct that issue and there are/were others.

Steve

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
                Sbreland73
                No problem with the cable, just limits how far you can take the tool from the vehicle, Keys are a dfferent story! Some vehicles need different keys for different systems, there fore with the key system you can't do a complete module scan for codes without going into each module. Older vehicles are not a problem, but try that on a 2008 Caddy you will be there all day. Sometimes errors in one module effect other modules and systems. The OTC Smart cable was a good idea, OTC just didn't get it working well before they released it. On 2000-2003 Toyota Camry's when you clicked read codes it cleared them, took OTC about 2 years to correct that issue and there are/were others.

Steve
                Hi Steve.
                Don't the 2008 Caddi's have the ability to display information right in the vehicle using the driver information display the way they did, since oh.....about 1986??? (LOL)

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Crusty
                  Hi Steve.
                  Don't the 2008 Caddi's have the ability to display information right in the vehicle using the driver information display the way they did, since oh.....about 1986??? (LOL)
                  Yes, I think you can. BUT..... Break out your info system, unless you remember how to do it and know how to bump up from module to module and know what every code description is and let me know how long it takes. Or hook up your Tech2 and Candi module go to Class 2 diagnostics see what modules have codes, go to those modules get the codes and descriptions and let me know how long that takes. TIME and EASE that was the point of my post.

Steve

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
                    Yes, I think you can. BUT..... Break out your info system, unless you remember how to do it and know how to bump up from module to module and know what every code description is and let me know how long it takes. Or hook up your Tech2 and Candi module go to Class 2 diagnostics see what modules have codes, go to those modules get the codes and descriptions and let me know how long that takes. TIME and EASE that was the point of my post.

Steve
                    Just funnin....(LOL)
                    No keys needed with the Caddi on-board though.
                    Key-On, press & hold OFF & WARMER buttons together, release after segment display.
                    Then the warmer/cooler and the fan Up/Down to navigate. At least that's the way it used to be I think.
                    I would bet on a 2008, codes with descriptions on the DIC could be displayed faster than the scanners can communicate (anybody's)

SOME of the codes have descriptions with the Caddi's and the SO, and the OTC, both in vehicle sepcific enhanced and the generic OBDII, but not all are identified on the screen. The early Caddi's just gave code numbers, now they have a descriptor with them (since the late 90's??) the same way scanners do. It would be a benefit if the scanners would display code # as well as a descriptor, and also have a descriptor for the complete OBD system, not just some descriptors for some $xx in mode-$06.

There are advantges and disadvantages with every system, but, once issues are identified, how quickly things are corrected can either sweeten the experience or make the tool a burr under the saddle.
                    No one saves any time if the information (from whatever scan system) is either incomplete or innacurate. That doesn't make it easy either.

All modules reporting codes, either current, history or pending, would certainly be an advantage because, as you say, one module can affect how other modules behave.
                    But ya don't need wireless for that, especially if your scan tool has the ability to Save data for storage and later review. You wouldn't need to print right then & there either, because you could get back to the saved data later.
                    If it's complete data that is accurate, that makes it fast and easy.
                    Last edited by Crusty; 11-27-2010, 07:45 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

• Steve6911
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Crusty
                      Just funnin....(LOL)
                      No keys needed with the Caddi on-board though.
                      Key-On, press & hold OFF & WARMER buttons together, release after segment display.
                      Then the warmer/cooler and the fan Up/Down to navigate. At least that's the way it used to be I think.
                      I would bet on a 2008, codes with descriptions on the DIC could be displayed faster than the scanners can communicate (anybody's)
                      Jay
                      The reason I posted was to show the reason why doing away with the keys would be great, not a lesson in onboard diagnostics. The words "I think" makes me think you don't go that route either. I only used this Caddy because I had recently worked on it and it was fresh in my head. I needed to swap keys. I got the Tech2 out and in about under 1 minute I knew what modules had codes in it using Class 2 diagnostics, this can't be done if you have to swap out keys. That is all I was trying to say. So next time this is brought up I will use a vehicle that doesn't give codes through the DIC.

20101129-0629-1.jpg

20101129-0629-3.jpg

20101129-0629-4.jpg

Comment

• Crusty
                        • Dec 2007

Hi Steve.
                        I was just "razzin" you on the Caddi....
                        No "lesson" on diagnostics was intended....Certainly not with someone of your capability.. ..it's just that the OFF/WARMER button is sooooo simple and easy it's hard to forget, so you don't have to break out any diagnostic information system.
                        While it is quicker to use the onboard system to get a first look for codes, and you can get to "pids" with their descriptors and values, it is easier (and more complete) to see all the pids and their relationships on a scan tool (if they're all there in the scan tool ).
                        All modules reporting codes/no-codes would definately be good. Swapping keys is still a PITA but completness and accuracy are far more important than "quick & easy".
                        Saving & retrieving data is also more important than looking at the data through "wireless" from the next bay. Ya, it's "cool" to show the customer in the waiting room with wireless, but that isn't going to fix the vehicle.

Comment

• eddiesverus
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by sbreland73
                          So, whats wrong with a DLC cable and some personality keys? You Verdict owners should blame OTC and that Pegisys tool. "Ohhhh, OTC has a wireless device, well, we have to make one too!!!!" Sorry to hear about your woes, I hope you all find a solution.
                          FOR.YR INFO sbreland73. OTC DIDNT INTRODUCED WIRELESS FIRST, I HAVE HAD THE BOSCH VCI THAT CAME OUT BEFORE OTC AND IT USES WIFI, ALSO I HAVE A LAUNCH X431 TOOL THAT USES BLUETOOTH AND ITS BEEN MORE RELIABLE AND STABLE, OF COURSE LAUNCH IS CONSTANTLY RELEASING UPDATES ONCE A MONTH AND YOU CAN STILL KEEP OLD RELEASES INCASE THE NEW UPDATE IS ACTING UP. ASLO ITS NOT RUNNING ON THE BUGGY WINDOWS PLATFORMS. WE ASKED FOR WIRELESS BECAUSE WE WANTED IT. NO TOOL IS PERFECT SO PLEASE DONT BE HATING. THE CABLE AND KEYS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A DISTRACTION AND HASEL. I STILL USE MY OTC TOOLS AS WELL AS OTHERS AND I KNOW WHATS GOOD AND NOT. LETS JUST HOPE SNAPON ACKNOWLEGES ITS WIRELESS PROBLEMS AND FIXES THEM SOON...
                          Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• jonage
                            • Oct 2010

looks like eddies pissed with all those caps....lol. This Verdict is junk. I really want to like it, but time is money and this thing is too slow and has way too many lockups. I am now on my second verdict which was at my shop in less than 24hrs. Windows was deff. the wrong way to go. I changed my start up too to help seed up the verdict. WHY CANT I JUST USE MY MUCH FASTER LABTOP. Oh yea so Snapon can charge 8 gs for some plastic that works half the time. If I only repaired half of my cars right i would be out of work and homeless.
                            theres no car that i can't break.......

Comment

• sbreland73
                              • Jan 2009

Don't be mad at me

Hey Eddie,

Don't be mad at me, I did NOT make any of the tools you have. Also, I did NOT say OTC had the FIRST wireless, please re-read post. Based on your's and other's postings, it would seem as though me and my old Verus and cable and keys are still working well. I appreciate all you early adoptors getting the Verdict and now the "NEW" Verus, your post have assured me I have no need to "upgrade" anytime soon. I hope S.O. will help you all find solutions.
                              S. Breland

Comment

Working...