Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KM@PROAUTOTECH
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by aurora
    My Matco dealer told me today they are releasing there own version like the Verus, touch screen and scope function, from what he knows its OBD2 wireless with probably the same type of OP system platform Snap on is using,

he thought the price was aroung $5,500.00 on promo
    If it is based on the new OTC product I have seen, again a test model to be fair. I was not overly excited about the scope part. Yes, I am aware that the scanner connection is bluetooth wirless, my vote is still out on that portion as to pro's and cons.

Comment

• No-Start
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by KM@PROAUTOTECH
      You can move from screen to screen, leaving several active as well.
      Hi Kevin,

I guess I wasn't clear on my question.

Can the Verus do a split screen where you can use the scanner and scope at the same time?

Or can it just do scanner and CTM at the same time?

Thanks,

No-Start.

Comment

• aurora
        • Mar 2008

If it is based on the new OTC product I have seen, again a test model to be fair. I was not overly excited about the scope part. Yes, I am aware that the scanner connection is bluetooth wirless, my vote is still out on that portion as to pro's and cons.
        I watched there video yesterday on the new scanner, to me it seemed rushed and not well represented at all, I would consider it a toy compared to what snap on is offering.
        Its only a 2 channel scope, if they are using the same scope hardware like on there standalone or Determinator then no way I would buy one.

I may trade my Modis on the Verus, I never like to invest on a new model but they are using the Modis technology and just adding more enhanced features.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
          Are the Euro and HD truck still an option or standard? Any idea on their cost if option? Also, I'm sure it is but I have to ask, is the scanner software pretty much the same?
          From talking to a marketing guy, Euro will be available as an option, and HD will not be an option for it. HD will continue to be available on the Modis only.
          That does not mean much though. We won't know for certain until it's released.

Joe
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

• AutoTech
            • Apr 2007

So being a tablet pc running windows xp we should be able to install other tools on here as well such as Pico Scope with Ace Misfire Detective, AutoEnginuity, IDS and have several tools in one package instead of multiple computers! If this is possible I will probably be trading my Modis in!

Comment

• budpalumbo
              • Jan 2008

I've been told that it is basically a tablet pc running a stripped version of XP so the hardware needed to run it isn't as great. (600mhz processor 80g hard drive) and you could in theory "upgrade" the components or change to full XP(I'm sure that does wonders for a warranty) and it has 1 USB port so if you can use that for add on programs it will work like a pc, so if you want to run it as a different scope or vag-com you could. I would think a future issue may be other add on programs shifting toward Vista since XP is no longer available, but supported for 6 more years. The Euro program is still an add on cost. I wish snap-on would offer choices in what you get when you buy a tool, the domestic package is useless to me.

Comment

• DougMontgomery
                • Jul 2007

600 Mhz processor..WOW..must have been a sale from an OLD warehouse somewhere

Thanks for the info

Comment

• aurora
                  • Mar 2008

one potential issue I see is picking up a virus through the internet epecially for users who surf the web carelessly, are they supplying anti virus with
                  this or are we on our own?

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by aurora
                    I watched there video yesterday on the new scanner, to me it seemed rushed and not well represented at all, I would consider it a toy compared to what snap on is offering.
                    Its only a 2 channel scope, if they are using the same scope hardware like on there standalone or Determinator then no way I would buy one.

I may trade my Modis on the Verus, I never like to invest on a new model but they are using the Modis technology and just adding more enhanced features.
                    Glad to see you noticed the same thing I did

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by No-Start
                      Hi Kevin,

I guess I wasn't clear on my question.

Can the Verus do a split screen where you can use the scanner and scope at the same time?

Or can it just do scanner and CTM at the same time?

Thanks,

No-Start.
                      I know what you are asking, sorry for the rushed answer. As I stated you can leave several screens(windows) active. You can activate a functional test, and see it in view-meter mode(as another window) Again keep in mind this a Beta unit, so I want to be fair to snap-on and everyone that asks. Sorry these are not the best pics.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• mwada
                        SDE Member
                        • Oct 2006

I know what you are asking, sorry for the rushed answer. As I stated you can leave several screens(windows) active. You can activate a functional test, and see it in view-meter mode(as another window) Again keep in mind this a Beta unit, so I want to be fair to snap-on and everyone that asks. Sorry these are not the best pics.
                        Hello Kevin,

I noticed that the scanner is full screen. Can the scanner be placed in a "sized window'(not full screen)? Also, is there a reason why you are using a camera for the screen shots? Can't you get a screen shot using the computer?

Thanks,

Miles

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                          • Nov 2007

web sites

I was able to upload photos straight to the Ask A Tech website at same speed as on my PC over Wi Fi.

I checked my mail this morning at the same speed as my PC.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                            • Nov 2007

Photo instead of Save?

Originally posted by mwada
                            Hello Kevin,

I noticed that the scanner is full screen. Can the scanner be placed in a "sized window'(not full screen)? Also, is there a reason why you are using a camera for the screen shots? Can't you get a screen shot using the computer?

Thanks,

Miles

I think he took a photo Because the format vss. ,vsc. etc is not able to be accepted yet by the website

Comment

• mwada
                              SDE Member
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
                              I think he took a photo Because the format vss. ,vsc. etc is not able to be accepted yet by the website
                              Hello Bob's Garage,

I meant a "print screen" and upload it as an image file (jpg, bmp, gif).

Thanks,

Miles

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                                • Nov 2007

print screen

Originally posted by mwada
                                Hello Bob's Garage,

I meant a "print screen" and upload it as an image file (jpg, bmp, gif).

Thanks,

Miles
                                Hi Miles,

I see, I have not tried that yet. There is so much to see and learn with this new tool. I just found the "print screen " . I did a capture, but I am unaware of how to upload it- yet.

Bob

Comment

Working...