Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > ZEUS User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 12-24-2019, 11:05 AM

sledfreek76 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

In regards to the hard ware in the Zeus. Both Zeus and Verus Edge have the same hardware, both having a 64 gb MSata drive. Which is a 1.8" solid state unit, and is easily upgraded to a larger capacity one. While doing the hard drive upgrade, the ram can be upgraded to a 4 gb version, doubling its size. My Verus edge is much faster and larger in capacity doing these upgrades. Os has not been changed yet for 7 works well at this time. Hope this answers questions!
Old 12-24-2019, 01:15 PM

ronald316 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default wind

ya it did were did you buy your upgrade stuff from like hd and memorie
Old 12-24-2019, 07:00 PM

ronald316 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald316 View Post
ya it did were did you buy your upgrade stuff from like hd and memorie
is the ram the same has a laptops
Old 12-25-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Some people are still ferreting out the Microsoft loopholes that lets them upgrade for free. Given that Microsoft gave away ever so many free upgrades for a long time it seems silly they'd be terribly uptight about them now.

I've found it easier to simply buy a legit "key" and be done with it. Here is one example. $30 for the "home" version.
https://www.kinguin.net/category/221...-home-oem-key/

I have a laptop that I installed Win 10 on but never "activated" it. Win 10 works fine but has a reminder on the screen that it hasn't been activated. Plus they restrict me from changing my desktop wallpaper or using a screensaver. Other than that it works fine. So that's another free option.
can you install just regular wind 10 or do you need wind 10 embedded like wind 7 embedded
Old 12-26-2019, 05:59 AM

GypsyR Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Snap On is installing "Win 10 Enterprise". I don't know why, I like to use the "Pro" myself usually. I have not upgraded ours to Win 10 yet though I have upgraded the hard drive and memory on my Verus Edge. The memory is a pretty easy install but copying the hard drive onto a newer and larger drive is a pretty complicated procedure. If you don't actually need more room you could probably just skip doing that.
I can't recall exactly what memory is in the Zeus/Verus Edge. I used a program called "Speccy". Downloaded and ran it and among other things it told me exactly what kind of memory I had so I knew what to shop for. Easy. It's the same kind of memory as some laptops use and fairly common, I remember that.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Snap On is installing "Win 10 Enterprise". I don't know why, I like to use the "Pro" myself usually. I have not upgraded ours to Win 10 yet though I have upgraded the hard drive and memory on my Verus Edge. The memory is a pretty easy install but copying the hard drive onto a newer and larger drive is a pretty complicated procedure. If you don't actually need more room you could probably just skip doing that.
I can't recall exactly what memory is in the Zeus/Verus Edge. I used a program called "Speccy". Downloaded and ran it and among other things it told me exactly what kind of memory I had so I knew what to shop for. Easy. It's the same kind of memory as some laptops use and fairly common, I remember that.
can the drive not just be cloned with acronis true image
Old 12-27-2019, 03:56 PM

GypsyR Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I think so. I used Macrium Reflect like has already been mentioned here.

I may have been thinking of my Verdict where I had to buy a special adapter so I could hook the drive to a regular PC. THAT was a fairly interesting process.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I think so. I used Macrium Reflect like has already been mentioned here.

I may have been thinking of my Verdict where I had to buy a special adapter so I could hook the drive to a regular PC. THAT was a fairly interesting process.
well i did it upgraded the ssd to 250 gb from 64gb and upgraded memory to 4gb.I used minitool partition and it worked like a charm.thanks to everyone for the help.now i just need to figure out how to upgrade to wind 10.and the tool is faster navigatingalso had to buy a adapter for the 1.8 ssd in the tool. to connect to a 2.5 adapter

Last edited by ronald316; 01-02-2020 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: adding text