What test or features would you like to see added to you Snap On Diagnostic tools

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboJim
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Orevin
    [SIZE=3]
    Click on the Vehicle History button and there on the menu button on the bottom:
    AHAAAAAA....

And I found that button by accident looking for how to save movies! I didnt know it changed depending on what mode you were in. Thank you VERY much!

OKAY...Take that one off my list!
    Jim Testa
    Senior Technician
    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
    Dover, NJ

Comment

• Snafu
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by TurboJim
      I dont think they can do that SnappyKid. The links to Shopkey's site are anchors within the software, and I doubt the troubleshooter SW is authored like Shopkey. ie: Now P0301 points to that exact code on Mitchell's site.. Say Mitchell.com/codes/p0301 for example. To point that to troubleshooter would require restructuring troubleshooter to have "chapters" or "spots" that could be called out on via a hyperlink. I think that would require a complete rewrite of the troubleshooter part of the software. I could be wrong. Would be a nice feature though.

BTW, I havent looked deep enough maybe....can I switch ShopKey5 to OnDemand5? Its the same company, but my shops user/pw doesnt work on Shopkey...... If you cant, add that to my list :-)
      Yes Ondemand5 can be selected,
      go to the information screen and select menu on the bottom of the page and it will allow you to select between shop key and ondemand.

Comment

• TurboJim
        • Jan 2007

Guess I need to explore more. Thanks for the info!
        Jim Testa
        Senior Technician
        JD Automotive & Truck Inc
        Dover, NJ

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

Something else I noticed Recently. When you ID a car and save it as a work order It does not know Show the Engine ID on the work order. If I need to go back and look at that work order on the scan tool I need to know the Engine Size Along with the VIN... Some times a Part or a repair is specific to the Engine platforum... officially adding it to the list!!!

Comment

• SnapOnKid
            • Jan 2011

1. Honda / Acura VTM-4 Support I would like to see this one added by the 11.4 Update... This is very important on the AWD Platforms. If you can't clear the fault code in the VTM-4 system, The VTM-4 Feature will Not function... If you don't have another scanner that can see this system and clear the fault codes, you could end up with come backs that you can't fix or losing a customer over this problem. HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

2. Honda / Acura Evap Testing. Bi-directional support like the Factory scan tool to open and close the solenoids to test the system.
            MEDUIM PRIORITY FUNCTION

I am not sure what other manufactures don't currently have Evap Testing So if we Need to add a car line please post it up.

Doing this manually is time consuming when needing to smoke the system and some times requires removing a few parts to gain additonal access.

3. On Verus Plateforum when you pull a code, it gives you the option for more Help. That link takes you directly to Shop Key 5. Not all of us have a subscription. A direct link to trouble shooter would be more helpfull for those of us not using mitchel

How about changeing that option to also Alow you to look in trouble shooter software. HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

Currently you have to navigate around this to get to the trouble shooter software. This is Also time consuming. As a New User, I was un-aware of this and had to get help to figure out how to find the trouble shooter after pulling a code.

4. Back button does not always work on Verus plateforum. I understand a fix is on the way as we have discussed this in the verus forum.

5. I know Volvo coverage is on the way Starting with the basics first But would like to see all module coverage for these in the future. MEDIUM PRIORITY

6. More Porsche coverage. I know not every one works on these but some of us do from time to time. Like my self. I had the seat out trying to diagnose a bad module under the seat. This set the SRS light on and I had to get some one local to Reset this for me. LOW PRIORITY FUNCTION

7. GM Tire size calibration. The Tech 2 can change tire size calibrartion from the tool which affects the way the brakeing system works and were the shift points occure. This feature is very valuable when I do brake jobs. Since people change tire size deppending on whats on sale and what not I would be nice to adjust this Like the factory tool. HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

I know its avalible in the GM Tech 2 software on trucks like 99- up body style because I own an 00 and 05 Silverado my self and have used this feature. Not sure on cars though.

8. All module scanning on CAN bus systems Like on Ford Vehicals with CAN as Eddieverus mentioned. Nice to know what modules are present and active when you start your diagnostics. HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

9. Full vin feature Needed for record keeping. This is a must option HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

10. Fuel pump activation test This is helpfull to determine pump problems and diagnose fuel injection issues. Some of the Gm coverage seems to be missing. Would be helpfull on all product lines...
            HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION

11. The scroll feature is Narrow and hard to grab and scroll through data. I know we have discussed changing the interface around on the Atlas/Verus platforum so please keep this one in mind while makeing adjustments... HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE

12. Desiel DPF Regeneration Reset feature. The OEM tools for FORD And GM allow you to reset this feature. This is a much needed feature for those that see desiels. Desiel are becomeing more popular with all car lines. HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE

13.The Abilty to save functional test results and the related data to that test. HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE

14.The ability to Auto ID a vehical with the option to enter it manualy Other scan tool OEM and aftermarket currently do this.

15.The Ability to move the graphs around when veiwing live data in graph forum. Apparently this was availible in 10.2 but changed with the 10.4 update We Need this feature back in the New User interface.HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE

16. Technician Work order needs to save the engine I.D. This is important information for parts and specific repairs HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE

Comment

• Skip
              Super Moderator
              • Apr 2008

Having the tool link the vehicle communication side directly to the Troubleshooter info has been talked about for a while now. We ahve also requested that it be linked to the CTM files on Modis, Verdict, and Verus. One click from reading codes to TS, another click to the CTM. Car fixed, bill paid, day over, buy beer.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Skip
                Having the tool link the vehicle communication side directly to the Troubleshooter info has been talked about for a while now. We ahve also requested that it be linked to the CTM files on Modis, Verdict, and Verus. One click from reading codes to TS, another click to the CTM. Car fixed, bill paid, day over, buy beer.

Skip,

Yes, that would be great.

I would like to be able to access troubleshooter without comm. And buy beer.

Bob

Comment

• normanatlm
                  • Apr 2009

the ability to unlock 2003 and up gm radios that are Class 2 DATA Type Radios (RDS radios)

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Skip
                    Linking troubleshooter and component tests with each other
                    would allow the job to be done a lot quicker. I have often been in one and
                    thought it would be so nice to draw upon the resources of the other,
                    but have always forgotten to bring this up.
                    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
                      Skip,

Yes, that would be great.

I would like to be able to access troubleshooter without comm. And buy beer.

Bob
                      I wish I had a dime for everytime I would have benefitted from this
                      dating back to when the only scantool I had was the brick.
                      One could then research the problem away from the car, or before one had the car to prepare himself before tackling it, or show it to your customer without hooking it up to the car so it would back up your diagnosis.
                      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by normanatlm
                        the ability to unlock 2003 and up gm radios that are Class 2 DATA Type Radios (RDS radios)
                        Seeing as how they won't let us play with imobiliser on some cars to program new keys I'm not sure there gonna let us have that access... I don't see why they won't let us have access because you can purchase a tool off ebay thay will let you reprogram most new keys...

Comment

• terryj
                          • Oct 2007

I would like to have a scan tool that works with out locking up all the time

Comment

• Wheel
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
                            Seeing as how they won't let us play with imobiliser on some cars to program new keys I'm not sure there gonna let us have that access... I don't see why they won't let us have access because you can purchase a tool off ebay thay will let you reprogram most new keys...
                            My opinion of the whole immobilizer/ security system thing is it is just a
                            racket anyway. Being so guarded with the access to me just further proves it. These systems cause far more harm than good. A good wrecker or trailer with a winch along with a good job acting legit and your car is mine
                            while you're in Wal Mart whether or not this system is present. These things should be optional and removable.

Comment

• kebo1970
                              • Nov 2008

security

Originally posted by Wheel
                              My opinion of the whole immobilizer/ security system thing is it is just a
                              racket anyway. Being so guarded with the access to me just further proves it. These systems cause far more harm than good. A good wrecker or trailer with a winch along with a good job acting legit and your car is mine
                              while you're in Wal Mart whether or not this system is present. These things should be optional and removable.
                              i agree. look at the cost of a new key on some models.

Comment

• terryj
                                • Oct 2007

the immobilizer systems will not prevent tow away thefts but they slow down joy rider thefts. Winnipeg Manitoba went from about 900 thefts per month in 2004 to 372 per month in 08. The theft rate is still falling. Part if this due to the much hated immobilizer program sponsored by the insurance company.

These stolen cars where being driven with a I don't care attitude and killing and injuring bystanders.

Comment

Working...