Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nidalalrifai
    • Dec 2018

pleas help VERDICT

I am going to buy VERDICT D7, but before that, I want to know what I need accessories with it to finish the job. most the time I work on old cars 1995 to 2005 European, Asian, and Domestic vehicles it will be appreciated anyone can direct me what I need as connectors adapters for OBD1 and OBD2.and do I need software VERSION 18.4
    thank you very much
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Hopefully if paying more than $1200 , 16.2 update or later ,you can take your time to test the used tool out thoroughly before deciding to buy it and it should at least have , good battery that holds charge and charger, European coverage (is really not an option to go without now a days ),all Obd 1 and European adapters and green S keys. Make sure both scope channels are functional , blue tooth VCI works fine has decent range and the WIFI connection works.
    Just tell the seller to get real because you can go out and get a brand new 906BT for $1300 with a warranty a year of updates then having to deal with issues

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by nidalalrifai
      I am going to buy VERDICT D7, but before that, I want to know what I need accessories with it to finish the job. most the time I work on old cars 1995 to 2005 European, Asian, and Domestic vehicles it will be appreciated anyone can direct me what I need as connectors adapters for OBD1 and OBD2.and do I need software VERSION 18.4
      thank you very much
      Anything from 1996 & newer SHOULD be OBD-II anyway, so single standard connector. There are some vehicles that were allowed "special consideration" and not required to be fully OBD-II compliant, but that was only till about 1998.
      Working on anything that is as old as 2005 and the versions around 9.2 or 9.4 in theory should be adequate.
      Software versions such as 10.2, 10.4, 11.2, 11.4, 12.2 & 12.4 and newer allow you to deal with newer vehicles as they show up.
      For the older OBD-1 vehicles, quite often, the older equipment works better and is more accurate.

Comment

• nidalalrifai
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Witsend
        Hopefully if paying more than $1200 , 16.2 update or later ,you can take your time to test the used tool out thoroughly before deciding to buy it and it should at least have , good battery that holds charge and charger, European coverage (is really not an option to go without now a days ),all Obd 1 and European adapters and green S keys. Make sure both scope channels are functional , blue tooth VCI works fine has decent range and the WIFI connection works.
        Just tell the seller to get real because you can go out and get a brand new 906BT for $1300 with a warranty a year of updates then having to deal with issues

https://www.snapon.com/diagnostics/u...cPlatforms.htm
        thank you very much for your advice

Comment

• nidalalrifai
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Crusty
          Anything from 1996 & newer SHOULD be OBD-II anyway, so single standard connector. There are some vehicles that were allowed "special consideration" and not required to be fully OBD-II compliant, but that was only till about 1998.
          Working on anything that is as old as 2005 and the versions around 9.2 or 9.4, in theory, should be adequate.
          Software versions such as 10.2, 10.4, 11.2, 11.4, 12.2 & 12.4 and newer allow you to deal with newer vehicles as they show up.
          For the older OBD-1 vehicles, quite often, the older equipment works better and is more accurate.
          thank you so much.

Comment

• MikeTheTec
            • Apr 2020

New Purchase Need Help

So I just bought a verdict used off of eBay from me what appears to be reputable person. Now my question is when you purchase a used unit from an individual can you register it to your name? Also I’m curious what will it cost me to update the system. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

No need to register it to you, but if it ever went in for repairs it would be linked to your name.
              It can no longer be updated.
              Joe
              "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
              Henry Ford

Comment

• MikeTheTec
                • Apr 2020

Update

So What do I do if when I get it it has very old software on it? Am I just stuck with something I cannot update? I only paid right at 550 But it did not come with the scope so I felt like it was a decent deal.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MikeTheTec
                  So What do I do if when I get it it has very old software on it? Am I just stuck with something I cannot update? I only paid right at 550 But it did not come with the scope so I felt like it was a decent deal.
                  That's correct. You are stuck with what ever it has.

Comment

Working...