• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 19mopar
    • Oct 2010

1998 Pontiac grand am No communication.

1998 Pontiac Grand Am 2.4L Build date 7/97
    VIN 1G2NE52T3WC700733
    Verdict (10.4.4) wouldn't communicate with engine control module but would read codes and communicate with ABS, Air Bag, and VTS sytems. Checked power inputs and grounds to ECM, ok. Grabbed OTC scanner and had communications with ECM. Used verdict and selected multiple years 96,97,98, and 1999 grand ams. Verdict communicated with ECM when selected under a 1999 Grand Am but wouldn't communicate with other modules when under a 1999 grand am. ECM data seemed accurate when compared to OTC Data loaded to a 1998 grand am Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. Just thought i would let Snap-On know of this issue. Thanks

Darren Nelson
  • cbender
    • Feb 2011

I had the same problem on a 00 grand am and a 98 cavalier on my verdict with 11.2, I could not get data or codes but had no problems connecting using global obdII. It seems to be a software issue with 11.2 cause I could connect to theses same vehicles using a verdict with 10.4 , My SO dealer was present to witness the cavalier and we called the tech rep but he was not able to come out while the vehicle was here.

EDIT: I just re-read your post, originally I neglected to see that your problem was with 10.4
    Last edited by cbender; 06-22-2011, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• dave-m
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by cbender
      I had the same problem on a 00 grand am and a 98 cavalier on my verdict with 11.2, I could not get data or codes but had no problems connecting using global obdII. It seems to be a software issue with 11.2 cause I could connect to theses same vehicles using a verdict with 10.4 , My SO dealer was present to witness the cavalier and we called the tech rep but he was not able to come out while the vehicle was here.

EDIT: I just re-read your post, originally I neglected to see that your problem was with 10.4
      Had the same problem today with a 97 Grand Am(3.1L), the shop's Verdict(11.2) would not communicate with PCM, worked fine with other systems. Would communicate using OBDII, switched to my personal Modis(11.2) and all systems worked normally.

Comment

• lortech
        • May 2011

I did not HAVE a Cavalier in my model list for 1997

BY chance is it because you have the 11.2 version? I have the 9.4 version and was a little ticket and some what embarrassed I could not scan a customers 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier.

Originally posted by cbender

Comment

Working...