Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snapon20r
    • Jan 2012

Dataviewer question

I am having trouble figuring out the dataviewer function on ssc. I can click on one of my files I saved off the modis, click on the open button, but all i get is a blank dataviewer screen. Any suggestions?? I forgot to mention that I am not connecting the scanner to the pc, I record onto a flashdrive and then to plug into pc. Is this a problem?? Better off connecting directly from scanner to pc??
    Last edited by snapon20r; 04-12-2012, 10:02 AM.
  • hefaus
    • Dec 2007

Data Screen

Hi Are you putting those files from your flashdrive into the Modus files in SSC. HTH. Keep Smiling

Comment

• snapon20r
      • Jan 2012

Yes, I have put the files in the shopstream data folder and into the modis folder, no good either way yet. When I have the data on the scanner in graph mode, I just go to the upper right hand corner of screen and go into the box that has the " record movie, record frame, record image " I click on record movie, I assume I am doing that right. When I record frames and images, I don't have any trouble with those on ssc, its just the movies that I am having trouble with.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
        Snap-on D&I
        • Nov 2006

Try saving the movie to either internal memory or a CF instead of directly to the USB stick. You will have to change the "Save Data" setting in setup to Either "Internal" or "CF". Once you have the file saved to one of those locations, then move it to the USB stick, and then to your PC. See if you can then open the file with SSC.

Comment

• roadracer587
          • Mar 2012

You have to push the green arrow to play the movie. It always comes up with a blank screen. When you push the green arrow it will play the movie. Hope this helps.
          No one plans to fail, they simply fail to plan!!!

Comment

• snapon20r
            • Jan 2012

thanks for the info guys, I will give this stuff a try and let you guys know.

Comment

• snapon20r
              • Jan 2012

thanks for your help guys, It was something I was doing wrong on my end of it, everything working now.

Comment

Working...