Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rott
    • May 2014

96 isuzu hombre

I m trying to connect my verdict to a 96 hombre but it tells me to use the da5 cable and then go to Gm in the domestic menu, I have the da5 cable but it doesn't say which adapter to use along with it and also where would the domestic menu be at I haven't found it. so if anyone can help me out here I would greatly appreciate it
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

domestic applies to USA market only if you are located in the USA

If in another Global Area like the UK, General Motors is likely not identified under your domestic makes, and a Hombre over there might be called an Amigo over here, and maybe even a Frito Bandito in Central America.
    I'm betting that way back in 1996, foreign market Isuzu's were still using OBD1 12pin GM connectors at fuse box area, but it's a possibility that Isuzu flipped CARB the bird and did Honda one better by hiding the OBD2 connector behind the ashtray at the rear of the center console instead of under the ashtray at the front, or on the passenger side of console like Ford T-birds.
    Last edited by Witsend; 05-20-2014, 01:41 PM. Reason: Meant C.A.R.B not C.A.F.E

Comment

• maven
      • Mar 2014

if in North America an Isuzu Hombre is just a Chevrolet S-10 twin.

Build the vehicle as an S-10 and use the standard OBD2 cable/connector if your scan tool doesnt recognize Isuzu.

Comment

• maven
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
        If in another Global Area like the UK, General Motors is likely not identified under your domestic makes, and a Hombre over there might be called an Amigo over here, and maybe even a Frito Bandito in Central America.
        I'm betting that way back in 1996, foreign market Isuzu's were still using OBD1 12pin GM connectors at fuse box area, but it's a possibility that Isuzu flipped CAFE the bird and did Honda one better by hiding the OBD2 connector behind the ashtray at the rear of the center console instead of under the ashtray at the front, or on the passenger side of console like Ford T-birds.
        Seriously man.....do you post drunk most of the time or do you just not have a filter?

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by maven
          Seriously man.....do you post drunk most of the time or do you just not have a filter?
          2nd this too
          S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Maven , thanks for calling me out my BS there Amigo, just my beer is cold filtered. Thanks for Googling what the equivalent of an Isuzu Hombre is.

Comment

Working...