Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ORHACKETT
    • Sep 2018

Solus ultra update question

Hi there folks, I have a software update question about my solus ultra.

Right now my scanner hasn't been updated since 2015.
    and I am trying to decide to update it or buy an Ethos.

I am looking for a particular feature.
    I need to be able to relearn steering wheel position on a 2006 Porsche cayenne.

With the Ethos on the tool truck I can go into it and see that it has that feature in the abs module to relearn the steering position sensor.

currently my solus doesn't not have that feature, and trying to find out if anyone has an up to date solus that can check and see if that feature has been added for that vehicle or if anyone knows a way I can find out

thanks Roman
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I would think the Solus Ultra with 18.4 would offer the same capability as a new Ethos Tech, but if this Porsche is a one time thing for you , I would into a cheap used $500 Port Freight 08 Hole Filler off Craigslist and bring the car along to try it before you buy it.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

I don't have a Solus Ultra to try, but if everything goes according to plan, and it most always does, then there should be no difference in coverage across the scanner lines.
      Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• ORHACKETT
        • Sep 2018

So my snap on guy is saying that my solus updated will be the same as the ethos.
        He is going to let me try it, and if it works I told him I will buy or update.

thanks for yalls input

Comment

Working...