Option to Ala Carte update a single car make .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Option to Ala Carte update a single car make .

Maybe some folk who work on a single car make more than any other make can't see the sense of dropping $999.99 to $1200 a year a year to update and likely just going to buy a new Port Freight 08 instead for what a Snap On Update costs , but would spend $200 a year to update a single make of car that is in dire need of updating. Or if too late and they already bought a Chinaman scanner the Bottom feeder who bought the used Snap On scanner used could buy a single make update of his choice for it for $200 and decide within 30 days if it works awesome enough to ante up the other $799.99 to completely update the tool with the remaining car makes.
    Last edited by Witsend; 09-11-2018, 02:39 PM.
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Err, what?
    Bought an old used Modis for $400 that came with domestic, Asian and Euro all loaded and updated to like 2011 (I think), Everything I own is older than that and it covers them all. It will never be updated and I don't care. If I did update it, it wouldn't really cover a 2001 Ford any better than it already does...so that works for me.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Err, what?
      Bought an old used Modis for $400 that came with domestic, Asian and Euro all loaded and updated to like 2011 (I think), Everything I own is older than that and it covers them all. It will never be updated and I don't care. If I did update it, it wouldn't really cover a 2001 Ford any better than it already does...so that works for me.
      $400 is a great deal for a older working used Snappy platform with European and software good through 2010, it has all the old OBD1 plus old Modis has that 4 channel scope when you need it.
      I do think some of the functionality of the older car software sometimes gets compromised as new layers of coverage gets added to a ever growing pile of dung in an older scanner that might have trouble ingesting all of it.
      Now I Rather save my money several years and just upgrade to a new scan tool than update an existing one every year or 6 months.
      Instead of paying $1000-$1200 to update a MaxiCyst Pro, I figure for an extra $100 I can probably get a brand new slightly smaller screened MS906BT (MS906 BT and TS have almost the same illuminated Blue tooth Dingle Dongle VCI that a Zuess uses, but probably decide to use a 3ft cable extension wrapped in caution tape or likely lose the Dongle.
      Last edited by Witsend; 09-13-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• GSN34
        • Sep 2018

I'll Bite but first things first your calling folks who buy used items bottom feeders? is this because your post count is over 2k?

I for one would never buy any new truck/ car these days for one thing I can wait to keep up with the Jones and save big $.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I'll Bite but first things first your calling folks who buy used items bottom feeders? is this because your post count is over 2k?

I for one would never buy any new truck/ car these days for one thing I can wait to keep up with the Jones and save big $.
          I buy a lot of used things and have referred to myself as a Known Bottom Feeder . Nothing wrong with finding a good used scan tool or used car for cheap. My large number of postings does not in any way give me any Illusions of Grandeur.
          Last edited by Witsend; 09-18-2018, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Working...