Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

AC delco tds changes

I noticed a few changes to the AC TDS web subscription page. I would assume you would need an MDI to take full advantage of the tech2win tech2 software simulator.
    Attached Files
  • tech12
    • Oct 2010

Delco site update

Yes - You do need an MDI to use Tech2 Win. But as mentioned elsewhere on this forum Tech2Win does everything a Tech2 can do except programming. However, the MDI can handle all the programming anyway. So an MDI together with Software (Tech2Win, GDS 2 and TIS) can handle all aspects of GM diagnostics from 1996 and on. Sweet!

Comment

• racingdave
      • Jul 2009

flashing a GM

Never been past that page never flashed a GM what subscription do we purchase when replacing or updating an ecm with ppII.Iam assuming service programming.i dont have a tech 2 i have a ppII.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
        • Apr 2011

For programming ECM/PCM/ECU the subscription you use is "Service Programming Only". After you prchase it, u go back and click on "Access Your Subscription" Link. The 2 day pass is more than enough if your doing ECM/PCM/ECU replacement.

Now, if this is your first time doing this, it'll ask you to install a java program. You need this to access the program that your going to need to flash/program the ECM/PCM/ECU. It'll ask you if you want to download other programs for the Tech 2 or MDI, you don't need those so skip. I have PPT2 only, no Tech2 or MDI, etc. I can tell you in my experience, it's a bit long but if you do it right, the second time will be easy. I've programmed about 10 GMC cars in total so far and not 1 have given me problems. Having a charger on the battery is VERY important. Also, DISABLE ANY ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS YO MIGHT HAVE BEFORE ATTEMPTING A FLASH. To be safe, I restart my comp and have no programs running, but that's just me.

Those are the steps that I can think of right now. VIN has to match before u flash/program, if they don't just write it to match the car. After successfully flashing/programming your PCM, u will need to erase DTC's, turn off for 30 seconds and then continue with the same VIN.

Finally, g o to Anti-Theft Relearn. This is the process I go through every time, but I skipped a few since it's a bit long to write. Internet connection is very important as well, if connection is lost you will have to do it over. After the 10 minute Anti-Theft Relearn, Erase DTC's again, turn car off for 30 seconds and if no problems occur, car should start right away. Any questions, let me know. Regards, Chavez.

Comment

• racingdave
          • Jul 2009

flashing a gm

Thanks for that info maybe i will try the trailblazer afterall,have you ever done one ?What about pulling fuses on these models before reflash does the software tell you those things or what.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

It only happen to me on 1 GM car and that was a 2001 Impala. I was replacing the BCM NOT the PCM. It instructed me to pull the Airbag and Radio Fuses, if you don't it will lock the radio and the airbag will not be recognized by the PCM anymore. I've never done a Blazer or Trailblazer PCM yet. I've done about 5 Impala's, 2 Yukon's and 3 oldsmobile. I'm not 100% sure about Trailblazer's or Blazer's, but IMO, they should be the same. If fuses need to be taken out, the program will tell you. See if the radio has a code, if not, it shouldn't be a problem, after I flashed the Yukon's and Impala's, the radio and airbag were good. Make sure you pick the option that says "Replace PCM", this will tell you after a few steps to turn off car, unplug the old one, install new, turn car on and then continue to next step. I'm not sure if this inhales the old PCM's info or not like on Ford cars. But to be safe, I do this all the time, unless PCM is fried and can't be read. Regards, Chavez.

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

The fuses are in the fusebox under the Left rear seat. Position of the fuse in the panel depends on if you have a long or short wheel base truck. Use your information system to make sure you are pulling the correct ones.

Steve

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                • Apr 2011

Forgot to add that I've done 2 Envoy's with the PTPII. Those are easy if you get a PCM with the same numbers except the last letter of it. I asked the dealer which letters would match (Ex. AA, AB, AC, AF, AG, ect.) Regards, Chavez.

Also, I'm not sure if you're getting one from the dealer, but the ones I've done are from junkyards. All of them are used, not new in anyway. So I'm not sure about that remove fuses problem.

Comment

• racingdave
                  • Jul 2009

Gm flashing.....trailblazer

Thanks for the input i didnt know you could use a used ecm.Thought they had to be knew,My customer is buying his from a local aftermarket supplier.I will keep you up to date if he comes in with it.Thanks again for the updates.

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

Dave

Before you attempt to flash this vehicle click on this link http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/PassThruPro and go to download the latest drivers. You will get the Toolbox2 program with the drivers. after insalling it and selecting the PTP for the tool, go to the Flashing Tab and then GM...READ the instructions on how to flash Trailblazers Enoys etc.... It might save you a PCM!

Steve

Comment

• racingdave
                      • Jul 2009

Flashing a trailblazer

Hey guys thanks for your time,i have been using both programs for over a year now.The original that came with ppII and the new toolbox 2 they are acting funny try yours and report back please.It tells me no internet connection and some functions may not work when i open it.Videos wont download dont know what happend, tried it on the pc at the sevice desk like i have done before and also tried it on my VERUS.Dont work properly.Does yours?Is it a windows firewall?

Comment

• racingdave
                        • Jul 2009

toolbox

works now for whatever reason fixed itself.

Comment

Working...