Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

F@ck the lack of OE manifold vacuum ports . You could Drill or melt some holes in dem plastic fantastic intake runners as close to the intake ports as possible and thread in some Yamazuki screws with orings or adapters with rubber caps and hook up a Motorcycle Manometer -Carb synchronize r setup.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
      F@ck the lack of OE manifold vacuum ports . You could Drill or melt some holes in dem plastic fantastic intake runners as close to the intake ports as possible and thread in some Yamazuki screws with orings or adapters with rubber caps and hook up a Motorcycle Manometer -Carb synchronize r setup.
      I'm not sure whether it is time for you to stop taking your meds, or get back on them!
      Either way, you're due for a change.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Crusty
        Question; does the First Look system have a quick and easy way to measure both the air entering the engine (via air in the intake duct, OR, the vacuum) and the exhaust out at the same time, and then graph the two well on a scope screen-??
        Crusty,
        The SenX tool is just a pressure/vacuum probe that's sensitive to small pressure changes. It makes a nice, clean signal while doing it. I imagine you could add MAF or MAP to make the signal more useful.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Dr Dave
          • Nov 2010

Vacuum tranducer

You could experiment with a vacuum transducer in the intake or maybe while your going a leak down you use a vacuum transducer in the intake or breather to monitor the leak. The best part is you have access to known and an good engines.knock yourself or and keep us in the loop

Comment

• Dr Dave
            • Nov 2010

WHATS GOING ON with the fist sceen shot

whats going on with the first sceenshot very sharp and abroupt lines

Comment

• BRIAN617
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Dr Dave
              whats going on with the first sceenshot very sharp and abroupt lines
              Dr. Dave, do you realize most of these posts your'e replying to are 3-4 years old?

Comment

• sbreland73
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by BRIAN617
                Dr. Dave, do you realize most of these posts your'e replying to are 3-4 years old?
                Playing catch-up.
                S. Breland

Comment

• Dr Dave
                  • Nov 2010

ya old post i know

ya I was just trying to see if anyone still interested . I read through and I see no solution from the originator. So just kicking around ideals if anyones looking ,but really mostly I,m looking for knowledge . thanks is all good stuff. I actually did start a new post on vacuum testing equiptment .

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

Here is a link to a recent Motorage video, basic but good stuff

Comment

Working...