SureTrack Users General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Hey X, what are installing for an engine in there ? The one on the floor got no head bolts in it. Well maybe one.

Comment

• dodge90
      • Oct 2014

I couldn't find one greasy, your eye sight must be good,LOL Keep the picks coming. Can't remember what causes this but I was at a buddy's shop helping him with a 94 olds cutlass that they installed a yard eng. Had a high idle. iac staying at 48, All other pids looked good except tps .65 and throtle angle said 4. Played around about 15 min checking this and that when I remembered to disconect the batt. for a bit. reconnect, Idle went to 750, iac 13, throtle angle went to 0. tps still read .65 Can't remember why it worked but it did .
      I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• Crossland Auto
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by greasybob
        Hey X, what are installing for an engine in there ? The one on the floor got no head bolts in it. Well maybe one.
        Nice catch Geasy. that was just a mock up engine. Bare block, oil pan, set of aluminum heads I had laying around. By the way, 4 bolts per head. lol.

What I am installing is basically an '89 C2500 T.B.I. 350 with THM 400. Got the whole mess from a wrecking yard. Engine and Trans has been overhauled. I received the factory harness, bracketry for serpentine belt. etc. He will have a C.E.L. and anybody can diagnose factory trouble codes. Just trying to keep it simple.

X

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

Does anyone know what day it really is ? A time warp maybe ? Hmmm? Time travel and I don't remember anything.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Does anyone know what day it really is ? A time warp maybe ? Hmmm? Time travel and I don't remember anything.
            "" Does anybody really know what time it is""

Band....Chicago-!!!

Great tune-!!!

Great band-!!!

Yup, I'm THAT old-!! LMAO

Comment

• cruisinmiles
              • Jul 2014

At least you got some time Greasy to decide if helping other technicians for free is worth the cost to renew, Sure Track should pay us! Nice job on the 69 C10 X, you paint like a pro now, time to build a body shop department!

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

Just when you think you have a good grip on reality something like this comes along and gets you wondering, maybe I bumped my head. I can still access Sure Track through Shop Key. It's when I try an external link that I get the message. I try to answer a few questions from time to time to exercise what left in my head.

Comment

• greasybob
                  • May 2008

Sure Track would get a lot more activity if there was a quick link on top of or below the "feed back" tab on the right of the Shop key Pro screen. Some thing that would encourage asking a question if the technician is stuck on a problem or is missing information concerning the information (vehicle model, year, engine, etc. would be auto filled into Sure Track) that they are currently viewing. It would be a little closer to the old TIP system.

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

I thought we used to get Emails when the Sure Track questions we participated in were updated ?

Comment

• Crusty
                      • Dec 2007

I thought we used to get Emails when the Sure Track questions we participated in were updated ?
                      You still do if you check the box to notify when threads are updated. Can't remember where it is but it's there somewhere.

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

I checked the communications tab on my profile menu and it's always been turned on. Maybe because my subscription ran out back on June 30th 2016.

Comment

• Crusty
                          • Dec 2007

LMAO...George Orwell around recently-??

Comment

• Witsend
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2012

" Orwell that ends well" He never lived long enough to see 1984 and have to buy an OTC monitor or Mt2500 and get a long probe stuck up his tailpipe for a couple more decades
                            Last edited by Witsend; 10-04-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                              Administrator
                              • Jan 2014

I checked the communications tab on my profile menu and it's always been turned on. Maybe because my subscription ran out back on June 30th 2016.
                              GB,

Sorry you ran into that problem. I fixed it so you should be able to log in without going through ShopKey Pro. We are working on a fix for that and also updates to the feedback system. Originally the feedback button was just supposed to be for software issues but people do use it for lots of other things.

I review the feedback daily to see if anyone is asking a car question on there, happens once or twice a week. I send them details on asking their question on SureTrack.

Nick.
                              SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• greasybob
                                • May 2008

I was referring to having a tab above or below the "feed back" tab that would always be there for a direct link to sure track. When you click on it you automatically go to the Sure Track with the Vehicle ID with proper model. engine, etc. already entered so you could ask your question with as little effort as possible.
                                I noticed that when I clicked the renew tab on the sure track page that it mentioned that Sure Track is available with a Scanner software update but it makes no mention of it being available at cost $$$$. Is Sure track only available through software updates and Shop Key/Mitchell Pro ? And not with an independent subscription price ?

TIP of the day
                                Subject.... 06 Chevy Express 2500 4.8

Symptoms.... Start, stall....intermittent communication with ABS, PCM.... intermittent fuel pump operation.

Diagnosis.... Found ground strap between engine and right side of frame corroded, just hanging on by a few threads.

Remedy..... replace ground strap with one that won't corrode.

Synopsis.... This is Wisconsin. A braided ground strap where road salt can attack it.... bad idea
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by greasybob; 10-05-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...