Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chiefgeek
    • Jun 2015

Adding RPO to GM via SPS reprogram of module

I am trying to add a RPO (UK3 - DIC) to 2003 silverado.

I have a VIN of a similar vehicle with the RPO and I am wondering if it is possible to reprogram the IPC and TBC with the calibration from vehicle that has the RPO into the target vehicle?
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

you may be able to program it that way using a different vin or the correct way is to request a VCI so that the options are altered to the vin

Comment

• chiefgeek
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by badcoupe
      you may be able to program it that way using a different vin or the correct way is to request a VCI so that the options are altered to the vin
      I was afraid of that. I don't have a valid subscription and don't want to brick the modules.

Comment

• maven
        • Mar 2014

I dont beleive theres an option to change the IPC programming, even when you put in a new/reman one from GM.

Are you trying to get the audio controls to work or the extra DIC information to display?

Have you installed all the switches and wiring for the steering wheel controls?

Comment

• chiefgeek
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by maven
          I dont beleive theres an option to change the IPC programming, even when you put in a new/reman one from GM.

Are you trying to get the audio controls to work or the extra DIC information to display?

Have you installed all the switches and wiring for the steering wheel controls?
          I am trying to get everything to work. I have installed the clockspring and steering wheel with controls. The truck has an after market radio so I installed a Pac SWI-JACK and programmed for radio, so steering wheel radio controls are working.

My next step was to reprogram IPC to get the multiple trip odometers to show up and if that was a success then I would move to the TBC to enable the DIC steering wheel controls.

Comment

• chiefgeek
            • Jun 2015

I took the plunge and tried programming IPC and TBC from a different VIN vehicle that has the UK3 RPO and all is working fine.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

That's pretty cool. Thanks for posting the results.
              Joe
              "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
              Henry Ford

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                • Apr 2011

@chiefgeek Thanks for the results. Amazing that it worked.

Comment

• RidgeShawn91
                  • Dec 2015

process in with made it work with other vin#

Added the steering wheel and harness to my 2006 silverado from a vehicle in which i still have access to and have the vin# to, trying to figure a way of getting it active without haveing to pay the dealership to program being a friend of mine has a tech2 to do this. havent been able to get VCI# from dealer.

Comment

• SpartanAutoworx
                    • Aug 2016

I do this type of flashing off car all the time.

You can use a vin of a Truck / SUV that has the Touch controls. You may get a service brake booster issue if you use a vin from a hydroboost truck and you dont have it.

The correct way is to call acdelco and request a cust vci but I have never done that. lol

Comment

• Joseph7376
                      • Dec 2021

How do you reprogram through sps the ipc and tbc to add from a different vin the radio controls and DIC

Comment

Working...