Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddie8
    • Mar 2008

Quick lookups

Hi guys. Maybe its me but when i have a vehicle loaded and i want to perform an oil life reset procedure with my Zeus version 22.4 i click on oil specs and resets and i get a list of all the different procedures..sometimes 20 procedures to choose from. My question is other than going into the repair manual (mitchell) to see what procedure the vehicle takes why can i just see that in the quick lookups section?
    Edwin Hazzard
    Southeast Mobile Tech
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Eddie
    Most vehicle have another button on the systems screen, go to Service Interval Reset,

Comment

• eddie8
      • Mar 2008

Steve..working on a 2017 chevrolet cruise. wanted to look up a reset procedure by hitting the quick lookup button. this is what comes up. I know i can go into repair but then it takes the quick part out of the equation
      Attached Files
      Edwin Hazzard
      Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

I hear ya Ed. I don't have a Zeus, all my scanners are SMX based but I am assuming they about about the same. To me most of the vehicles that I am unsure of the reset procedures are newer vehicles and most of them can be reset with a scanner. So "my" thoughts are it takes the same amount of time for the vehicle to ID in Diagnostics or quick look up and I am pretty sure I can do the job in Service Interval resets" so I just go there. Everyone has their own way. If you go into an information system there are several procedures for this vehicle so that might be why there is more then one, but so many is not good at all.

Steve

Comment

• eddie8
          • Mar 2008

Thanks Steve. I appreciate the feedback. Have a great holiday!
          Edwin Hazzard
          Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• Corvette Rick
            • Jul 2020

Eddie i ran into the same issue with a 2022 Malibu, 20 oil reset specs. I ended up just fumbling through it on my own and a youtube video. The new update seems to incorportate way too many options, less, is more.

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by eddie8
              Thanks Steve. I appreciate the feedback. Have a great holiday!
              You and your family have a great one too!

Comment

• eddie8
                • Mar 2008

Corvette Rick...i agree...its definatly not user friendly
                Edwin Hazzard
                Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

Working...