SureTrack Users General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Nick, any way that you keep this from happening.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by dodge90
      yea e-bay was my next step but the parts guy got me 2 correct ones for 9 bucks. Only sold in 2 pack. now I got a spare lol
      Now THAT'S just TOO FUNNY-!! Why would someone need TWO of the same part-?? A speedometer driven gear.....
      THAT sirs, is the REAL REASON Ford didn't need any "bailout money", they've been fleecing with parts sales for YEARS-!!
      A two pack of gears-!! Just like they sell clips in packages of 5's.....the vehicle needs six to do the job so you need to buy two 5-packs and have FOUR left over for the next 25 years-!!
      Same thing with spark plugs......4 cylinders, 6 cylinders, 8 cylinders....the spark plugs come in packages of 10-!!! LMFAO-!!
      You'll ALWAYS have a few left over for when you crack one....LMAO-!!

At least you have a good parts guy who found you the right part. Whether it's $9.00 or $19.00 isn't the issue. It's the right one. (but TWO makes me laugh like hell-!!)
      Hope it works out OK.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

I tried to enter a TIP on to sure track as I would here in the example below but it's about impossible to attach a file over there. The image and document manager things in the header bar don't work. a TIP with pictures, graphs and charts might be worth more.

Subject..... 2005 Pontiac Montana

Symptoms.....Intermittent extended crank, Start/stall, run rough

Diagnosis... Scanner showed an absence of data for the 24x and Cam signal PIDs. Next checked for signals and power and ground for the two sensors at the PCM. Found zero volts on the power pins for both sensors.
        Removed the power steering pump and found the harness for the cam sensor rubbed through and intermittently shorting to ground.

Remedy.... replaced the cam sensor harness

Synopsis.... Discovered that although the Cam and 24x Crank sensors have independent power supplies from the PCM if one shorts to ground both sensor power supplies will go to zero volts. Two pins, one power supply.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Seen it before

Yeah , I did a few GM intake manifolds and seen the harness wiring degrades in that Cam Sensor connector area and needs attention. No time to see who has a new pigtail connector .Some Port Cargo Marine heat shrink tubing put my mind at ease.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
            Administrator
            • Jan 2014

GB,

The mismatched vehicle problem is usually caused by having more than one tab in the browser running SureTrack and having different vehicles. Also some people with certain versions of Internet Explorer may get their vehicles stuck. I try to correct these as soon as I see them or someone reports that a post has the wrong vehicle.

As for attaching graphics to tips, it works differently than the tool for attaching them to questions. Here is a link with more information.

Welcome to the Mitchell 1 Support Center This is where you can Get2Know1 more about your Mitchell 1 products, schedule live training, request assistance from our professional product support teams … and more. Each product line has its own library of resources – click below to get started.

It's not the most intuitive tool out there. Eventually the function will be unified for all uploads.

Nick.
            SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• dodge90
              • Oct 2014

new gear in and phew, speedo works like new. been jumping for a while. so yea like other ford ordered parts I have a spare. LOL Nice pic's greasy. I myself have seen a few compramized and repaired before problems came about. Heat shrink is my friend also.
              I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• liljoe
                • Nov 2014

heat shrink is my friend also, but I have found that it does not do well in a fuel tank. Had a 87 chevy p/u TBI motor blowing fuel injection fuse, found fuel pump had been replaced and the harness had to be spliced, they had used heat shrink and it swelled u and slid down the wire then the bare wire was able to ground out[ on the sending unit. Lucky to not have had a fire, if they had been the type to try heavier fuses till something melted it likely would have...

Comment

• greasybob
                  • May 2008

Don't you need at least 15% oxygen in the tank to get an explosion ? Not sure, I've never tested this theory.

Comment

• dodge90
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by greasybob
                    Don't you need at least 15% oxygen in the tank to get an explosion ? Not sure, I've never tested this theory.
                    the reason they highly suggest not checking an evap leak with shop air, brings the gas fumes to higher oxygen %. and that = bad day LOL

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

You know you just had a close call when doing torch work under the car when you hear a funny sound and the fuel tank seems to have taken a deep breath .

Comment

• liljoe
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by greasybob
                        You know, that is something I never really thought about, but yeah you would need an oxygen source for ignition to happen. I remember when working for a truck company when I was a teenager the old tech would run an exhaust pipe into a fuel tank and run the vehicle that the exhaust pipe was hooked to and then in a couple mins he would just weld away and fix the tanks. I thought that was very dangerous till he actually put about a quart of gas in a tank he was welding and then continued to weld on it with no fires or explosions.....

Comment

• Crossland Auto
                          • Jul 2014

Adding a picture or two in the Youtube comments box.

Anybody know how to add a picture or two in the Youtube comments? I just found a video that a local paint shop made in 2009, They included a '70 Chevelle that I was part of the actual build. I ran every single inch of copper wire in it, I also helped design and build the rest. Granted, they did the paint and body work but that is it. They completely screwed up the left quarter panel on it.
                          Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sStSzPgdpMw
                          Also is a picture of said quarter panel after charging the customer over 120K for the body and paint work along with a couple pictures of some wiring about 3/4 of the way through the build. This '70 Chevelle is now as equipped as said owners S500. Rain sensing 7 speed wipers, Power windows, locks. (That was fun taking the doors off after being painted to drill for the wiring boots.) Temp, and navigation mirror. Keyless entry, trunk release. Turnkey L.S. Engine, G.M. Performance 4L65E with programmable shift tables that are laptop programmable. Cruise, etc. etc. By the way, clean leather dash. no switches of any sort visible. Most in center console glove box, rest on side next to seat just not seen.
                          O.K. done venting (sort of,) I am just upset that they may be trying to take credit for work that me and my friends did. I spent 9 months of after hours, and weekend nights wiring that thing. I still have the keys and alarm codes of the shop across the street. I want to burn them in the comments.

X
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Crossland Auto
                            • Jul 2014

On a different note: Since we are on page 101, thought it may be appropriate to post a picture of my old Allison Legacy 3/4 scale stock car. The number is a hand me down from my Fathers legacy at Cajon Speedway from '69 to '81. Kind of distorted because trying not to catch the glare off of a framed poster. Long live 101. LOL.

X
                            Attached Files

Comment

• dodge90
                              • Oct 2014

love it when other people clame I built that. An old friend does just that. Helped him build a 84 chevy truck from frame up. painted everything, lifted 6in and put a 350 blown crate eng. in it. Even when I was standing right beside him he would brag " Yea, I did the whole truck myself" would get pissed when I chimed in and asked who painted it? Who wired it? Me. Guess thats why he's an old friend.

Comment

• Witsend
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2012

He's the Monkey Lube Garage Boss

Do you think a guy in a suit and tie that calls himself a Home Builder that has a few blue prints of new home layouts in his brief case gets his hands dirty very often? No he just has guys he hires do the work for him and he takes the credit for others hard work. Same with that Monkey Lube Garage character, a like-able poser with tattoos that drives around, wheels and deals picking up old cars he pays other guys to restore in his shop and farms out the rest, then basically he gets most of the credit for the builds, LMFAO
                                As long as I get paid for doing what I do on the car I could car less about anyone giving me credit due or not for the work I did, because with my luck if I went on You tube and make it public I did all the wiring on it , when the novelty of the old car he paid a whopping $120 K for wears off real quick and he can't sell it for $35 k and the first paint bubbles starts to appear, the finger is going to point to my wiring job after a suspicious fire insurance total.
                                Last edited by Witsend; 10-14-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...