Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juniur
    • Oct 2016

pass thru

i know this a snap-on forum but i am curious what every one is using for a pass thru device for programming. i am currently using a bosch vci. the advantage to that was that it had 2 scan tools built into the software. shop foreman pro and esitronic . these are no longer supported so that advantage is gone.
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

I am using a Snapon Pass through Pro 4, and also have a GM Mdi2. I also had a bosch vci but it lost ability to program Chryslers long ago, and I never cared for scanner part of it.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

Programming, CarDaq Plus 2. I have yet to program a car above 2017. So I Don't need the 3/4 Channel Cardaq Plus 3 aka Passthru Pro IV. For now at least. VCMII Original as well. That's it. Anything else it depends on what you're planning to program. I see a lot of old cars, so the Cardaq does it all for me. The ford VCMII i got it cheap so I jump on it. I'm trying to get a Nissan VCI, original is the only way to go since it lets you program other modules. PCM/TCM and some random stuff, I use NERS along with my Cardaq. GM and Ford are very J2534 friendly. You can program anything in those 2 Cars using a Cardaq Plus, depending on the year of course. Chrysler is another friendly J2534 company, but after they changed their program because of RTR and the WIFI hacking, its a 2 software mess. You need Witech 2.0 software lease, register ur J2534 Tool. Then, if you decide to flash/update a module you have to cough up more money to do that. The least you'll spend is $90 to do programming. 3 day software lease, 1 day programming. So basically you end up charging the customer what the dealer charges to flash. Unless you do a ton of chryslers and buy the year leases. Phew! I don't do mercedes, BMW, Rovers, mitsubishi or any other cars that require extreme vetting, expensive software or OEM Tools to do the job right. Which those manufacturers require at least one of them(some, not all). Good day!

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

RAP subscription through my transtar vendor. I don't flash many so it works for me.

Comment

Working...