Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sledfreek76
    • Jun 2012

Triton D10 issues, any other owners?

Hello, I purchased a Triton D10 few weeks back. Worked good briefly..... Getting conflicting information in the pids between different modules in a Subaru outback. When all accs in Subaru works and not faulting. Now the wireless is being sketchy, It will join my network maybe 1/4 of the time and drops it. Triton is 2 feet away from router. Had Snap On rep do a restore, still faults. An update is available, but drops wireless and locks up again. I have no confidence with this expensive brick! Anyone else having fun with their Triton D10?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Give Tech support a call and see if they can help you.

Comment

• sledfreek76
      • Jun 2012

Hello, Thankyou for reply, I did contact Diag support, they suggested the restore, which can be only done by my local rep. No change/fix from the restore. Ive tried several different networks, with no other devices streaming, making sure bandwidth was available. Scanner actually has a wifi diag mode, and passes completely. Still faults and then locks up. Its becoming a very expensive door stop.....

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Ok, so now that the restore didn't work call tech support again and tell them. There maybe further steps before sending the unit in. I have a D10 and have not had any of these issues.

Comment

• sledfreek76
          • Jun 2012

Hello, Ive been on phone with Snap On diag, We walked thru steps. Ive used 3 different networks with same results. Tool errors immediately upon update. Saying check wireless. 7 and 10 error codes. Snap On is sending a new Triton to swap out.

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

Awesome! Hope the new one works out!!! I have the D10 also and love it!

Comment

• Modis500
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by sledfreek76
              Hello, Ive been on phone with Snap On diag, We walked thru steps. Ive used 3 different networks with same results. Tool errors immediately upon update. Saying check wireless. 7 and 10 error codes. Snap On is sending a new Triton to swap out.
              Good morning,

I'm going to be in the market for an updated scanner in the next 6-12 months, and the Triton may be on that list. Have all the errors been corrected after S.O. sent you the second unit? Also, can anyone else chime in with Pros/Cons on this unit? I love my Verus Pro, however it is no longer supported, and wireless is a must for me.
              Thanks for the input folks,

Tom
              "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
              Zig Ziglar

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

If you currently have a Verus I think that you will be disappointed with the graphing capabilities of a D10 or D9. I can't speak for the Triton but it looks similar to the Apollo D9. If you want to save and analyze your graphs I think you might want to look for a used Verus Edge.

On the pro side of things, I think you'll find it faster and you can access the intelligent diagnostics if you want.

I've been wanting to post a comparison between my Verus Edge and my Apollo D9 and show why I think the graphing capabilities are sub par for new scanner. The lack of meaningful scales is just a start. Just my opinion and maybe I'm wrong about the Triton and Apollo having the same scanner capabilities. I would ask for a demo and see if you can try it out for a bit before committing.

Comment

• mikejag
                  • Dec 2021

Triton D-10 issues

Purchased my Triton D-10 back in March or April 2021 and I have to say that I wish kept my Modis Ultra . The issues are touchscreen freeze/lock up and slow refresh rate while monitoring PiDs during road testing . I gave up on the DVOM function milli volt scale ,totally useless along with the refresh function . Unit has been sent out about 2 months ago to snap on to address issues . Unit sent back and is actually worse now , as in the screen lock up or slow PiD refresh rate will happen just about every time I use it now . Contacted Snap -On in the beginning of December and 2 of the Techs I talked to informed me that software will be released to address at least the lock up and slow refresh issue . If your getting down to milli volts using just the probes ,Forget this unit use a fluke 88 . My Modia had the same DVOM issues as well

Comment

• mikejag
                    • Dec 2021

software update

The update released mid to end of December as of now seemed to fix the slow pid refresh and screen lockup on my Triton D10

Comment

• ronald316@
                      • Aug 2020

not very good on suburus that is well known for snapon

Comment

Working...