Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ephratah service center
    • Oct 2007

Rest in peace Crusty

I got some sad news this week the forum member Crusty passed away last week. I met him through this forum and we became good friends I was new to this repair business and I met him and he was a mentor to me helping me to work through a lot of check engine light issues and electrical issues remotely. He shared his knowledge and also a lot of files he had saved over the years he taught me how to build a vehicle data base for known good vehicle P.I.D.'s
    I will greatly miss picking up the phone to pick his brain and visit with him.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ephratah service center
    I got some sad news this week the forum member Crusty passed away last week. I met him through this forum and we became good friends I was new to this repair business and I met him and he was a mentor to me helping me to work through a lot of check engine light issues and electrical issues remotely. He shared his knowledge and also a lot of files he had saved over the years he taught me how to build a vehicle data base for known good vehicle P.I.D.'s
    I will greatly miss picking up the phone to pick his brain and visit with him.
    Hoy ****! That's terrible. I noticed he hadn't visited the forums in a while. Over the years I have had both combative and civil conversation with him. Both were productive! I will miss him.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

Shame to hear that.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
        Snap-on D&I
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
        Hoy ****! That's terrible. I noticed he hadn't visited the forums in a while. Over the years I have had both combative and civil conversation with him. Both were productive! I will miss him.
        Joe
        Ditto

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

He'll be missed. He usually had something worthwhile to say and wasn't afraid to say it - which I find very refreshing in these "politically correct - let's not offend anyone" times.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• David Green
            • Oct 2009

I knew Crusty on here since I joined back in 2009. We used to exchange pm's and emails over the years. He was a great help and put the effort in to study technical details to help out when he could. It seems to me that everyone I've known over the last 15 years are all passing away. He'll be missed.

Comment

• Modis500
              • Sep 2012

Sad news…. I’m just coming to find out tonight. I’ve been distant from this forum for some time now due to work being a chore at times, rather than a daily chance to grow.
              Crusty helped me as well in my early days. We emailed back and forth about driveability issues and quick tests that can produce accurate results.
              God Speed Crusty
              "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
              Zig Ziglar

Comment

• ephratah service center
                • Oct 2007

Time flies it has ben a year that we lost Crusty. I have car that I am attempting to get monitors to set and wish he was around so I could get some advise from him. Really miss the phone chats that we had in the past he was all ways there to assist and give good advise many time he would advise me to go back to the basics to find the problem.

Comment

• Armada
                  • Apr 2023

My condolences, too forum innovator Crusty. I am new to the forum. And read your thread. Hopefully I may pick your brain one day. Once I get myself ready.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                    Snap-on DSD
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ephratah service center
                    Time flies it has ben a year that we lost Crusty. I have car that I am attempting to get monitors to set and wish he was around so I could get some advise from him. Really miss the phone chats that we had in the past he was all ways there to assist and give good advise many time he would advise me to go back to the basics to find the problem.
                    A year later it's still crummy.

Joe
                    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                    Henry Ford

Comment

Working...