Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Possible 23.2 communications issue?

I've noticed this might be an issue a bit before but finally nailed an actual example today.

Basic 2005 Altima. All systems read except PCM, "no communication". Sometimes Nissans can be a little slow so I gave it a few extra tries. Nope. Pulled out the 20.2 Solus Edge and it communicated just fine, if a tad slowly.
    Plugged my personal Verus Edge 22.2 in and it read just fine like the Solus and took right at as long.

Just sayin'.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Ben

When you get a chance and you please send me all the vehicle info, and software build number you were using so I can file a bug report on this.
    THANKS for your help!
    Steve

Comment

• GypsyR
      • Jul 2017

What do you need besides "Zeus 23.2"?

Today it was a base 2010 Civic. Zeus saw PCM and TCM in check all modules mode, no communication with any other modules. Manually tried to read ABS and SRS, no communication. Time pressing I just grabbed the Solus as above and it read all modules without issue. Seven on that car. Didn't bother dragging my Verus into it this time.

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Sent you a PM

Comment

• GypsyR
          • Jul 2017

Ok sent our scanner info via PM.

Today we have a 2013 Honda Crosstour. 5j6TF1H50DL002184, becasue I was asked to provide a VIN.
          Zeus in "scan all modules for codes"
          ODB
          OBD permanent
          Gauges
          Forward collision warning/Lane departure
          Active control mount
          Transmission
          Engine.

Knowing there are more modules than that and SRS are are most notably missing, I got the Solus Edge On it. Same run.
          OBD+Permanent OBD
          Engine
          Transmission
          Active control mount
          TPMS
          SRS
          Forward Collision/Lane departure
          ABS
          Gauges
          Door Locks
          HVAC
          Keyless
          Lighting
          Power Seat/Mirror
          Power windows
          Security
          Wiper
          keyless Access Backup Control Unit
          Keyless Access Control unit
          Keyless Access Power Control Unit

19 systems detected versus five. I can keep on providing car info from now on as they come in but IT'S NOT THE CARS. OK?

I know there's not many people actively here but no one but me has seen this?

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

Right behind that Honda came a 2018 Ram 2500 with a 6.4. Zeus made happy with security and scanned all the modules as expected and normal. It's just the odd vehicle here and there causing problems. We're not a real high traffic shop but I'll try and catch more to see if there's common denominator somewhere.

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

Thank You Ben, I will forward you posts to the correct places.

Comment

• GypsyR
                • Jul 2017

It's company policy to check and record ALL vehicle codes at check-in.
                First was 2009 Town&Country. No Issue.

Right behind it was an 11 Accord with a little twist. "Code scan" got OBD, PCM, and TCM. Drew a blank on the rest. Manually "no communication" with the obviously skipped modules.

Repeated with the Solus Edge. "Code Scan" picked up everything BUT ABS and SRS. However it manually read those modules when. I think that failing to pick up a module or two every once in while happens with about anything when using the all code scan button. Which would not be part of this complaint, that's something to probably live with I expect.

Comment

• GypsyR
                  • Jul 2017

Almost kind of random.
                  Today a 2004 Honda Pilot. Of the four systems the Zeus would only communicate with ABS. Weird. And of course Solus Edge to the rescue, PCM, TCM, ABS, And SRS all scanned.

Comment

• sbreland73
                    • Jan 2009

Just curious if you have checked the pins for the wireless VCM. They can become bent, and not make contact, leading to communication issues.
                    S. Breland

Comment

• GypsyR
                      • Jul 2017

A good and logical thought, but it's fine.

At the Zeus introduction thing way back when, someone questioned the ability of the VCM's spring clip to hold in the socket over time. Our first edition one has held up great actually. Never an issue with the VCM. I was about to finally give in and pay the money for one for my Edge as I don't like the giant soap-on-a-rope one it has. But they discontinued it in favor of a newer version which apparently costs like $400 more. Ehhh, no.

Comment

• GypsyR
                        • Jul 2017

Still using it. Our local rep said to try and catch it in the act and then get tech online to look at it. Seems a LOT more reasonable then sending it in saying it only fumbles on like every sixth or tenth car. At some point maybe I can catch it screwing up and not have a couple of customers breathing down my neck so I can babysit a tech call. I don't know, parking lot and shop are literally overflowing with work.

Comment

• Steve6911
                          • Feb 2007

Ben
                          I never heard back from you. Did you get in touch with the contact I gave you? If you did there was no resolve to the issues?

Steve

Comment

• GypsyR
                            • Jul 2017

Nope. Boss says he doesn't want to take it out of service for repairs yet. It still randomly won't communicate with one out of six vehicles. Some Fords it will communicate with all modules but not the PCM or ABS. We're living with it. The only mission critical need for the Zeus is that it's the only scanner of the bunch that does the newest FCA security boondoggle and it has so far played nice with every one of those.

Comment

Working...