Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 06-01-2021, 04:26 PM

Corvette Rick Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Verus Edge Windows 10 Upgrade

I haven't found much info on people doing the upgrade on a Verus Edge to windows 10. Snap On wont address it, and I even asked Jason Gabrenas himself and he said its a Legacy platform and hes going to leave it at that. Isn't the Zeus literally the exact same hardware? Why would it not be supported and put into Legacy when the hardware is the same as the current flagship tool?
Old 06-03-2021, 07:36 AM

GypsyR Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

"the Zeus literally the exact same hardware". Yes. Yes, it is. There are computer programs ("Speccy" is a good free one) that you can use to determine EXACTLY what is inside any Windows computer. The shop has a Zeus and I have a Verus Edge and I checked.
I also doubled the ram in my Edge but side by side I can see very little speed improvement.

Snap On doesn't like to talk about how the Edge and Zeus are the exact same thing. They charged a lot of people a LOT of extra money for that extra "Intelligent Diagnostics" app they stuck on a Verus Edge with different case.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:30 AM

Modis500 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Hmmm.... smelled fishy early on, but the reps were sure pushing it hard. When I seen the price with the "intelligent diag" option, i backed out in a heartbeat. Many of us on here wouldn't benefit much from that portion of the tool as we'd know where to test and if we're going to pinpoint test, we'd use our CTM anyways inside any of our older tools. And that info will never leave our tool, regardless of what update we're on.

Thanks for that info, and I'll be sure to inform others if they're going that route

Tom
Old 06-10-2021, 08:32 AM

Corvette Rick Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Intelligent Diagnostics sounds great, except in my opinion it leans towards mechanics who are part changers and don't diagnosis vehicles correctly. If you don't know how to navigate a tool and the items to look at having a system that holds your hand isn't going to teach you anything if you scan a vehicle and everything is highlighted in red, basically REPLACE THIS. I've had mechanics tell me its better to replace a part based on likely repair then take the extra time to diagnosis it and verify the part has failed, because it takes longer and they don't get paid for it. I think intelligent diagnostics hurts the trade because it makes mechanics lazier then they already are.
Old 06-11-2021, 06:06 AM

BRIAN617 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Agree completely. We bought our Verus Edge for 1/2 price when they launched the Zues.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:50 PM

phill57 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default Zeus versus Edge

Just had this discussion with my rep. He was trying to get me to "upgrade" into a Zeus. I have my Edge running just fine. Even have additional diagnostic software installed on it. Doubled the ram and changed out the HD for a bigger one so actually my hardware is better than the Zeus. I'm not particularly sold on the Intelligent Diagnostics so don't see the benefit at this time.