X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

Navigation problems with this forum?

Comments were made in SureTrack that this forum is hard to navigate but no details provided. I want to try and make this easy to use but need to know what in particular people are having trouble with.

Thanks, Nick.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Hi Nick.
    Personally this site is much easier to navigate and I know you're going to get mad at me but my post a few minutes ago made this stuff happen so I disagree with whoever it was that said this site is hard to navigate.

I hope the other guys pop in here and give it a try.

Doing things like uploading here are much easier and I'm using my phone right now so I can plug in the pics.

On the subject of uploading, it took less time to upload these pics than just ONE of the silly bitmap files from my Solus-Ultra even when they're already on my computer.

I'm at home going thru my home router the same method of getting to the 'net so it isn't because of ISP issues either.

Perhaps someone may need a few "pointers" about using this site. Anytime a member needs some help I'll do what I can.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

One thing about this site is, I wish it would automatically take a jpg file and resize it so they arn't so huge on the screen but alas, apparently it isn't important and niether is the bitmap size either.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
        Administrator
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
        One thing about this site is, I wish it would automatically take a jpg file and resize it so they arn't so huge on the screen but alas, apparently it isn't important and niether is the bitmap size either.
        There might be a setting in the admin portion of this forum to automatically resize graphics. I'll ask the admin about it.

Comment

• MasterWrench
          • Oct 2006

I have been a moderator on this site since it first started and I have never heard anyone say it is hard to navigate. This has me curious ,,

Crusty ..when I get those I just click "add to dictionary" because they are not in the dictionary ..
          Last edited by MasterWrench; 07-26-2015, 12:31 AM.
          MasterWrench

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
            There might be a setting in the admin portion of this forum to automatically resize graphics. I'll ask the admin about it.
            Thanks Nick. At times others have posted pics and the same thing has happened. I am capable of "resizing" on my computer but it's much easier to just take them directly from the phone.

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by MasterWrench
              I have been a moderator on this site since it first started and I have never heard anyone say it is hard to navigate. This has me curious ,,

Crusty ..when I get those I just click "add to dictionary" because they are not in the dictionary ..
              MasterWrench .. I agree with you.... what "problems" do others have with this site-???

As for the "add to dictionary", I tried that several times a long time ago and gave up. Now I just click "ignore" because they never seemed to "take" into the dictionary anyway...... Either way, it's a bunch of USELESS CLICKS. That doesn't happen here with this site..... So what if I didn't quite win the "Spelling Bee", LMAO....then there are also differences between the Kings English and Americanese....LOL
              (The Kings English is the correct way BTW-!! LOL)

Comment

• Matt
                • Dec 2008

Time.

I go by mwk6503 on Sure Track. For me it's a time issue. I wish I had enough time in my day to contribute more to the user group site. I'll do my best to come here more in the future. Both sites are filled with talented people who are willing to donate their knowledge for the benefit of the industry, and for that I am very thankful.

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

HI Matt, mwk6503....
                  I hope some of the others drop in here.
                  Time is an issue and right now I'm running late....but it IS Monday-!! VBG

Comment

• ericsautomotive
                    • Mar 2014

The site is a lot different then SureTrack.
                    One thing I would like to see is more latest post that don't go away. Seems like once they're off the new post page. I have a difficult time tracking the tread down again unless, someone else post on them??
                    Last edited by ericsautomotive; 07-27-2015, 06:24 AM. Reason: My grammar sucks ! !
                    Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• TJAlexander
                      • Jun 2015

I would say it's more that it is a different creature then the Suretrack site. Different navigation and different ways to do things is what throws a lot of people.

I only found out about this site after Eric showed it to me while I was at his shop. Is there a direct link from Suretrack to this site? That would go a long way towards getting more traffic here and letting people know it exists at all.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by TJAlexander
                        I would say it's more that it is a different creature then the Suretrack site. Different navigation and different ways to do things is what throws a lot of people.

I only found out about this site after Eric showed it to me while I was at his shop. Is there a direct link from Suretrack to this site? That would go a long way towards getting more traffic here and letting people know it exists at all.
                        There is not a direct link inside SureTrack to this forum. I do post an invite occasionally in SureTrack in the Latest Questions list. Just did it again this morning.

I could add a link in the FAQ page if people think that would help. However the FAQ page is available to anyone visiting the SureTrack site regardless if they're a member or not. This may lead to random people joining the User Group Forum.

Comment

• dodge90
                          • Oct 2014

I can't see how this site is hard to navagate. I'm not that computer savy and had no problems finding what I needed here. Personaly I think its a great site and the help you get is awsome from other members pluss the general forum is a great place to vent, bust chops, or just through the bull. Like reading all the inputs.
                          I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
                            What size would you want it to resize them to? The ones you posted above are 1280 pixels wide. Did you resize those ones before uploading them?

They are looking into the upload settings now.

As for the problem with the scanner, I assume you have reported that in the appropriate tool discussion. I don't follow those ones.

Comment

• Crusty
                              • Dec 2007

Hey Nick.
                              I don't know what size would make ordinary Jpegs fit so you csn still see the picture without them overpowering the post... As it is now I have my phone camera set to a medium setting which serves its purposes well.
                              I don't find phones as handy for doing things like resizing a pic as an ordinary laptop or desktop. I just grabbed the phone to take pics of the spelling issue.
                              Uploaded directly from the phone instead of transferring to a computer, then resizing, then uploading.....too many steps.....
                              The bitmap images that is the only option on the Solus ULTRA are 751 kb and ONE takes longer than all five pics I uploaded here -!!! Since I'm the " only one" they ignore me...typical....

Comment

Working...