X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orchid70
    • Apr 2019

Verus Wireless Dodge/Chrysler not reading ABS/SRS

Hi
    Im trying to fault trace Dodge Durango (US) 2002, couldnt connect to anything else but engine. Dash is dead on this one.
    Tried on Chrysler Voyager 2003 (US), couldnt connect to anything else but engine. The later seemed to go into some kind of self test on the dash.

Ideas?

Following happens:
    Attached Files
  • Orchid70
    • Apr 2019

I have been in contact with UK support for 3-4 hours today and we couldnt get the module to update the firmware. So its foulty.
    They dont repair these anymore.

After calling my local franchise, he told me - again - that he wont help med because they only sell two types of scanners here.
    In UK they will tell me to contact the Swedish sellers.....

Is there a scanner module that is sold today, that would work on my Verus wireless?
    What is the part number on that? The Swedish franchise will order new parts for me IF I tell them what to order. But they wont even try to help me to find out what I need.

Comment

• userdiagtech
      • Aug 2020

I believe that Daimler owned Dodge during those years, I ran into that problem with an 01 R2500. Snap on tech support told me that Daimler didn't allow access to ABS modules other than with a factory scanner. I was SOL. This was many years ago so I don't about current scanner versions. Your vehicle may have a bad module or is not power up.

Comment

• Orchid70
        • Apr 2019

I could not connect to any other system but engine. On two vehicles.
        I have ordered a new scanner module due to it behaving badly sometimes (not connecting) and due to not been able to update the firmware. I have asked about the firmware issue here as well:

Hopefully I remember come back and report!

Comment

• userdiagtech
          • Aug 2020

Both vehicles have similar computer data lines. It would seem that you cannot connect with pin 2 of the diagnostic connector which is PCI bus on both vehicles. PCMs communicate with pin 7 and 12 which are SCI data lines.
          Last edited by userdiagtech; 08-27-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Orchid70
            • Apr 2019

I have recording on PCI buss on one of the vehicles:

The PCI buss lines are working on the car. The problem on that car is: dead instrument cluster. But when I wasnt able to connect to any other system - it got me to a wild hunt.....

The problem with updating the scanner module firmware I have had for 2 years - as long as I have owned the Verus. I bought it used.

So - what you are saying is, that IF Id like to try to fix my scanner module - its the pin 2 track, on the scanner board, I need to follow?
            Its never wrong to have two working modules if something would happen to one of them =)
            I thught of trying to fix this - but in the same time - it is working on the CANbus cars - so I was afraid to mess things up and loose it all.
            But, with two scanners - its possible to fix the foulty. I'll deffinetly report back and perhaps need some help too =)
            THANKS Userdiagtech!!!

Comment

• userdiagtech
              • Aug 2020

If you haven't done so already, test the circuits of your cable and inspect the connector pins. Iv'e heard of car modules being replaced due to no communication only to find out a pin was bent on the plug.
              It is possible that your interface module is defective but I haven't heard of it. We are fortunate in Canada to have many Snap on dealers that have loaner equipment to get us going.
              I have seen lots of clusters go bad on GM, Ford and Chrysler but we're fortunate to have an instrument shop nearby that repairs and tests them.

Comment

• Orchid70
                • Apr 2019

Thanks!
                Its deffinetly faulty - because I cannot do the firmware update on it.
                And it must have been so when I bought it because I havent done any sogtware updates - my software is 16.4!! Wish I could find an update for it =)

Comment

• Orchid70
                  • Apr 2019

I have now a working module - I had to buy an other one.

Comment

Working...