Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snapon20r
    • Jan 2012

Splitting the screen on a verus

Hi guys, just wondering if it is possible to split the screen on the verus between the scan data screen and scope screen, for example I was testing a vent solenoid the other day, I wanted to activate the solenoid through functional tests and watch the multimeter graph screen at the same time. I thought my snapon guy said this was possible, but he did not know how and I haven't figured anything out yet. Wondering if this is possible?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Dedicated Graphable External DVOM PID

If it's not available it's a good idea to make it available. I think even the base Snappy Scanners should offer (Fused) DVOM lead you can plug into the scanner and attach at the component side with a selectable graph-able Pid you can run next to the PID that the controller is seeing on it's end. I had an ancient Chrysler DRBII (looked like OTC monitor 2000) that had a single voltmeter lead for pin point voltage check. Certainly a dedicated PID could be made for that feature to run in graph or numeric form next to one of the other existing scanner PIDs

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

Splitting the screen

Yes it is but the function could be a little better.

In order to do this you must use the Guided Component Tests function and then load the test meter or scope from there. Then you can click the Meter button and the instruction will disappear and the meter will be full screen, click it again and the meter will reduce the size and will float on top and can be dragged around the screen allowing you to go back to the bidirectional test in question. If you click outside the meter it will unfortunately minimize to the task bar but can be brought up. You can run both at the same time if you reduce the active frame and resize it accordingly and then enable the meter and move it to the other side of the screen.

It's too bad you can't do this from the labscope menu or GMM menu. At least I was never able to get that to work.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• phill57
        • Oct 2007

Split Screen

Here is a screen capture. I used the Demonstration vehicle and a bidirectional test of the EVAP Vent Solenoid and the component test.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by phill57
          Yes it is but the function could be a little better.

In order to do this you must use the Guided Component Tests function and then load the test meter or scope from there. Then you can click the Meter button and the instruction will disappear and the meter will be full screen, click it again and the meter will reduce the size and will float on top and can be dragged around the screen allowing you to go back to the bidirectional test in question. If you click outside the meter it will unfortunately minimize to the task bar but can be brought up. You can run both at the same time if you reduce the active frame and resize it accordingly and then enable the meter and move it to the other side of the screen.

It's too bad you can't do this from the labscope menu or GMM menu. At least I was never able to get that to work.

Hope this helps.
          Yep ! streamlining this process should definitely be a very high priority on their verus "to do" list. It's a lot less incentive to buy and use a high end tool like this if it is difficult to use.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• jgabren
            • Mar 2012

You can still use all of the functions of the full lab scope module while doing this. The CTM module is the only module that allows the scope to be put in a window. Before you leave the CTM screen to go to the scanner module, click the button that looks like 2 arrows on the bottom right a couple of times. That will allow you to turn on the other 3 channels, as well as change your probe type, sweep, and scale. Anything you can do in the lab scope module.
            Attached Files

Comment

• snapon20r
              • Jan 2012

Thanks guys, got it figured out.

Comment

Working...