Chervolet Camaro IV Z28 from 1995 (OBD1,5 I think)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orchid70
    • Apr 2019

Chervolet Camaro IV Z28 from 1995 (OBD1,5 I think)

Hi
    Is it possible to read this cars fault codes with Europian Wireless Verus 16,4?
    When I plug in the scan module - the Wihacle Power LED is steady green and the Bluetooth LED is blinking.
    But theres is no communication with the car.
    Am I missing some connector/adapter or dont know how t6o read?
    I only can find Chervolet Camaro (1996) through OBD Direct -> OBD connector location -> But no communication.

I have some keys - is that what I need to connect? Could someone give me pics of the pieces I need to put together to be able to use Keys? I bouth this used and not quite sure all pieces are there.
    I would very much appreciate it =)
    Thanks!
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Not sure about GM exported vehicles, but I'm pretty sure the ones in the USA in the 1993, 1994, 1995 era may have had two Diagnostic connectors, one being the modern OBDII port to conform to the new EPA standards, the other being the older GM Assembly Line Data Link port. If this is your case, then the OBDII port may have power, but the data lines may be omitted, or not wired correctly to current OBDII specs. You may have to look around and see if there is another DLC. These year models are troublesome to diagnose due to the manufactures being in transition from their standard to the EPA standard.
    S. Breland

Comment

• Orchid70
      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by sbreland73
      Not sure about GM exported vehicles, but I'm pretty sure the ones in the USA in the 1993, 1994, 1995 era may have had two Diagnostic connectors, one being the modern OBDII port to conform to the new EPA standards, the other being the older GM Assembly Line Data Link port. If this is your case, then the OBDII port may have power, but the data lines may be omitted, or not wired correctly to current OBDII specs. You may have to look around and see if there is another DLC. These year models are troublesome to diagnose due to the manufactures being in transition from their standard to the EPA standard.
      Thank you dear!
      So Ill tell the owner to seak for an other DLC or pop there my self.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Very often the 1993, 1994, 1995, GM vehicles had the 16-pin OBD-II connector BUT used the older GM software.
        If the scan tool only covers from 1996 & newer it won't communicate.
        You "should" be able to use the OBD-II cable & connector and have communication IF you can select the correct model year vehicle (1995) or possibly one year older (1994) but if you have to go back to the 1994 to get communication you must be carefull .
        I didn't find any vehicles of that year with TWO under dash ports.
        With the GM vehicles of that vintage, with the older 12-pin under dssh ports, the only time I needed one of the personality keys was for modules other than the ECM such as ABS, etc.

Comment

• Orchid70
          • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Crusty
          Very often the 1993, 1994, 1995, GM vehicles had the 16-pin OBD-II connector BUT used the older GM software.
          If the scan tool only covers from 1996 & newer it won't communicate.
          You "should" be able to use the OBD-II cable & connector and have communication IF you can select the correct model year vehicle (1995) or possibly one year older (1994) but if you have to go back to the 1994 to get communication you must be carefull .
          I didn't find any vehicles of that year with TWO under dash ports.
          With the GM vehicles of that vintage, with the older 12-pin under dssh ports, the only time I needed one of the personality keys was for modules other than the ECM such as ABS, etc.
          Id like to communicate with the transmission and engine.
          But Im not even sure how to use personality keys

Comment

• Glide
            • Jan 2015

Is it possible to read this cars fault codes with Europian Wireless Verus 16,4?
            Only if you have U.S./North American coverage on your Verus.

Not sure about GM exported vehicles, but I'm pretty sure the ones in the USA in the 1993, 1994, 1995 era may have had two Diagnostic connectors, one being the modern OBDII port to conform to the new EPA standards, the other being the older GM Assembly Line Data Link port.
            The early to mid 90's GM vehicles that had OBD2 port on drivers side and OBD1 port on passenger side used OBD2 port for powertrain and anything emissions related and used OBD1 port for ABS brakes,body control,and/or anything not emissions related.Not every GM vehicle had two ports,a lot of Buicks and Cadillacs did.
            I didn't think Camaro went to OBD2 connector until 96 .For sure 94 is OBD1, I just had one in last week and had to use OBD1 adapter.

Comment

• Orchid70
              • Apr 2019

Missed to tell, its a Cabreolet...
              5,7 V8
              Engine code P
              Automatic
              US import
              Chassi number: FP32P2S2112827
              Model year 1995
              In register 12:th of April 1996
              For future interest =)

Car owner told: first and second gears get in - but none after that.
              His plan is to get the transmission flushed next. He will get the car there by trailer.

Comment

• tech25
                • Oct 2017

always put year, make, model, and vin if possible, need basic info before anything can move forward.

when i put your vehicle in my solus ultra, it states to use the da-4 cable, which is the regular obd2 16 pin cable,

the solus is keyless and does pin switching internally inside the scan tool.

so....its obd 2 and says nothing about obd1 for this car. hope that helps..

there is also a possibility that i heard gm had a 1.5 obd thing, where it was the obd2 connector but the modules and such were not 100% obd2 compliant yet

at this point, i would check basics at the connector, like ground at pin 4 and 5, and power/12v at pin 16.

Comment

• Glide
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Orchid70
                  Car owner told: first and second gears get in - but none after that.
                  His plan is to get the transmission flushed next. He will get the car there by trailer.
                  The common failure with these transmissions is 3-4 clutch pack.I would advise to find a Tech familiar with automatic transmissions before wasting money on a flush.JMO.

Comment

• sbreland73
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Glide
                    The common failure with these transmissions is 3-4 clutch pack.I would advise to find a Tech familiar with automatic transmissions before wasting money on a flush.JMO.
                    I second that. Fluid exchange is only helpful when done regularly and BEFORE any transmission issues, not AFTER.
                    S. Breland

Comment

Working...